Help with heating (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I've had this problem on and off for a while but it's properly doing my nut in tonight so....

B524 2002 with truma boiler + blown air heating.

I was parked up and plugged in last night and no problems with it what so ever, blown air was on for hours and kept the van continuously toasty. Moved on a bit today and I am not plugged in. Blown air heating worked for maybe an hour and shuts off. Now I know when it reaches the set temp it should shut off but it doesn't seem to want to come back on again in a hurry if at all. It seems like a trickle of hot air continues to come out but not near enough to heat the van. Obviously this is shit as it gets too cold.

My control panel is saying hab batteries at 12.7v although a second battery has been added at some point so not sure how accurate this is. Lights and water pump are all working perfectly so I am presuming the batteries have enough charge.

I know Northernraider had a similar problem due to voltage drop but he was getting a fault reading where as my system seems to think everything is ok.

This is the power the battery is drawing with lights and heater trying to work....
20200315_184614.jpg

and this is my control for heating....
20200315_184226.jpg

My gut is telling me it is some kind of power issue or lack of it getting to heater but that's just a guess. I do have my tester with me but not raking everything out to get in to heater tonight so any testing will have to be tomorrow.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Maybe... The fan motor is faulty.
An intermittent break in the windings and when the motor gets hot the break opens up breaking the circuit.
Unlikely but possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back