Help with EU and grub rules (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We love going round the markets and seeing all the fresh stuff layed out, far better than you can take with you when it's rode about in a van for a week.
Btw , all you folks who think you can't buy bacon in France, go to the meat stall and ask for, poitrine fumee, and you will get smoked bacon like being at home (y) :Smile:

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
My bacon from tesco says pork origin Denmark and it's vacuum packed so just wondering if that's acceptable :giggle:

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Was this just the Dutch police being officious, or are there any instances of it happening in other EU countries?

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What I don't get, do you all take enough stuff to last you a month or whatever, if not what do you do when you have used it all.
We usually take enough for the time we are planning on travelling.. i.e. about 3 days worth when going to Beni as apart from sleeping we do not stop..
When touring we usually take a days worth just to get us 'over the hump of the first day'

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'm not sure that is actually what it says.

The initial guidance is for travelling AROUND the EU - across borders, I suppose?

Further down the page, it lists the restrictions when entering from a non-EU country (ie the UK). :unsure:

As an aside, this is from the Daily Mail, so may or may not be factually accurate... ;)

This is what it says re coming from the UK (A NON EU COUNTRY)
If you travel to the EU from a non-EU country, you are not allowed to bring any meat or dairy products with you. You can however bring a limited quantity of fruit and vegetables as well as eggs, egg products and honey. Restricted quantities of fish or fish products are also allowed.

May 19, 2014
Retford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
WTF, looks like we wont be taking proper bacon on holiday again then, what a pifftake

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 19, 2014
Retford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
What I don't get, do you all take enough stuff to last you a month or whatever, if not what do you do when you have used it all.
We take a couple of months worth of uk smoked bacon with us, or used to, as cannot find any decent bacon at all in europe lol

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Just to lighten things a little, back in 2000/1 during the foot and mouth crises I was arrested and fined in Bilbao for importing meat into Spain, it was banned at the time.

We were instructed on the ships tannoy two dispose of ALL meat products in bins provided on the vehicle deck.

Since I had no such product I didnā€™t bother, on leaving the ferry, I like everyone else was searched, I was surprised when the Police officer collected me and frog marched me to a temporary shelter, where I was presented to his boss along with my contraband.....

Walkers smoky bacon crisps...

Forget the fine, but it was much more than the crisps cost.

I tried to explain but got nowhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Well no problem with meat in the EU as from today, their health people have just approved the eating of worms, mealy bugs etc, so just take a spade with you and dig your own šŸ˜

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back