Help Van Won't Lock (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
My van a Laika Ecovip 7r on a Fiat 2.8 base won't lock on either the door locks and the central locking. Have tried opening and closing the driver and passenger doors but it will lock on the habitation door when I lock it from the inside, please help am suppose to be off Italy tomorrow.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Colin says - double check the obvious first, are all locking doors shut properly before trying the central locking.

Also is there little electrical connector points down the inside of the doors?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Is that from a key Fob...... and are any of your outside lockers hooked up to the locking/alarm system...

I ask, because when I got mine it would not lock and the alarm would not set...... because one of the lockers doors had not been closed properly, and the sensor was not lining up..

Other than that, sorry cannot help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If it doesn't work using the fob have you tried the old fashion way using the key, our habitation door sometimes fails to lock with key fob or alarm fob for some reason it seems to get out of sequence. We just lock it with the key then it starts working again sometimes take 2 or 3 goes, tends to happen more when van isn't used for week or two.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
He also says that a flat battery could cause this problem. But I assume you drove it from the storage place to your house recently as you we getting ready for a trip?

OP
OP
davidbaldam
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Have tried all the above but no luck, the habitation doesn't have a key we usually use the central locking. Have managed to start the engine. Must be one of the door sensors but have tried opening and closing the doors and the only outside locker we have but no luck, so have disconnected the battery so I can at least lock the doors, if it doesn't sort itself out, will have to find a local Fiat garage first thing in the morning, bloody Sod's law. :unsure:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Dave try giving Seniors down Riverside as call. Some of their hire vans are Fiats so they should know your base vehicle pretty well. Saves you having to go out of town to get it resolved. They would probably see you first thing if you explain about the ferry booking.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Had this problem once, replaced the fob battery, and all worked well after that.

Hope this pointer helps.

OP
OP
davidbaldam
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Dave try giving Seniors down Riverside as call. Some of their hire vans are Fiats so they should know your base vehicle pretty well. Saves you having to go out of town to get it resolved. They would probably see you first thing if you explain about the ferry booking.
Good idea about Seniors will be on their door step at 08.00 Don't think it's the fob battery as the doors won't lock with the keys either.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I don't suppose your Laika is like mine, whereby the central locking is part of the alarm system, rather than the fiat cab system, is it?
Do you have a lock/unlock button on the dash near the radio?
Mine doesn't have the dash button, so I worked out the Sikura alarm controls the CL, and had gone kaput. I replaced the CL with one of those £10 ones off eBay and it's great replacement

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Oh dear, still not working then I take it? Hope you get it sorted in the morning.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I don't suppose your Laika is like mine, whereby the central locking is part of the alarm system, rather than the fiat cab system, is it?
Do you have a lock/unlock button on the dash near the radio?
Mine doesn't have the dash button, so I worked out the Sikura alarm controls the CL, and had gone kaput. I replaced the CL with one of those £10 ones off eBay and it's great replacement
Sorry... The point of my posting was to aid diagnosis in that if you have the same setup as me, then it sounds like the alarm is kaput and a reset (or disconnect) might allow you to get control of the locks back
Cheers
Steve

OP
OP
davidbaldam
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Thanks for the replies have decided to go on holiday and when I need to lock the van will disconnect the van battery then I can at least lock the doors with the key if I have to leave it, like I said once in the van we can lock all the doors with the habitat Central locking system. Might ring our breakdown people once we get somewhere were we are stopping for a few days and see what they say.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks for the replies have decided to go on holiday and when I need to lock the van will disconnect the van battery then I can at least lock the doors with the key if I have to leave it, like I said once in the van we can lock all the doors with the habitat Central locking system. Might ring our breakdown people once we get somewhere were we are stopping for a few days and see what they say.

Hope it gets sorted at some stage and sorry I can't help despite once having a Laika. Have a good break.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back