Help please with our HUAWEI etc (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
We have lots of problems with our Tesco SIM card . We have been unable to get very little WiFi via it. Was advised by a telephone shop in France that I should buy a French sim. We bought two today one for my smart phone and one for the HUAWEI . Managing to get WiFi via my phone and iPad but not via the HUAWEI which is 4G via an aerial on the roof. I want to be able to use the HUAWEI via my iPad so as I can watch it on my tv. The tv is hard wired via the iPad. Any help would be most welcome.

colyboy

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It’s a bit late now for me to read through this thread when I was stuck. I cannot quite remember what I did but the thread may help

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I normally find it is easier to activate the router sim in a phone before swapping it back to the router.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We have lots of problems with our Tesco SIM card . We have been unable to get very little WiFi via it. Was advised by a telephone shop in France that I should buy a French sim. We bought two today one for my smart phone and one for the HUAWEI . Managing to get WiFi via my phone and iPad but not via the HUAWEI which is 4G via an aerial on the roof. I want to be able to use the HUAWEI via my iPad so as I can watch it on my tv. The tv is hard wired via the iPad. Any help would be most welcome.

colyboy
The problem I often find while roaming is that the default network is frequently not the best coverage. As you re roaming you re not tied to it so you can manually select the network on your existing sim card.

The other thing thats easy to forget to do is enable roaming. I'm finding your first paragraph confusing, you re surely trying to get signal not wifi? have you had any?

This is how to access you r router settings but be careful

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
This may sound stupid but with my Huawei you had to turn it off and turn it back on again to get data transfer abroad. I was with Three in case it was their issue

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
How old is the Huawei kit, and have you got a model number?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have you tried inputting the correct APN settings.
Also you may need to use a VPN to watch tv now you wouldn’t be using a UK sim

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I would also suggest checking the APN settings first as the Huawei may not have them set correctly.

Happened to us with a Superdrug mobile SIM, fine in UK but did not work in France, googled the settings via a phone and basically had to use Three settings put into Huawei and bingo all good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back