Help None starter desperation (3 Viewers)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
my old talbot suffered from the tank rusting internally and was for ever blocking the filters on the carb inlet

OP
OP
S
May 17, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
5 years
Thanks for all your replies will have a day trying different things with it which have been suggested
If not will offer geo or jaws a cash incentive lol
Thanks to you all

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I've started my lawnmower using WD40.
Anything with a flammable gas propellant (usually propane or butane) will do it....even hair spray or deodorant.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Have you tried kicking it over in the dark?. It would not be the first to be "tracking" on the plug leads to earth, even a partial, might account for the "weak" spark, or no spark to one or more plugs, (especially on a vehicle which has been stood and may well be very damp under the hood.) Ensure all the parts are clean, muck, can cause more problems than people realise. Are the plug`s in good condition, correctly gapped?. I recently had an intermittent issue with a miss fire on the Punto (toad;;;; "A" frame Warning!!). solution to than was new set of plug leads. they break down after a long(ish) life. Ignition problems are a battle of attrition, you keep plugging away (pun intended) until you succeed or die!.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
If you have the carbon filled suppressed ht leads chuck them out and fit wire cored leads.. . The carbon suppressed leads are liable to break down over time so replace them .Roy

OP
OP
S
May 17, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
5 years
Thanks a bunch loving you all right now popped out brought a Jerry can filled with fue stopped at local auto centre brought some easy start and 4 new plugs
Tried easy start got nothing then poured fresh fuel straight down the carb got nothing after 3rd cup of fuel off she went took new plugs back ad got refund as old plugs I replaced when I first brought it
Anyways thank god for motorhome fun yes I know could have tried that allready but just not even register was thinking to much into it
Thanks again :dance2::Grin::drinks:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S
May 17, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
5 years
You could be right now I can drive it down the mot station add the finishing touches get it sold eventually then can concentrate on the ford just niggles then van use it and will have room on the drive

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So it did have a spark all along then ?
If that is the case and it was the fitter who said you didn't, I think it is time to start banging on his door and getting the £75 back .. Bloke must be a total t055er to misdiagnose that badly !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
A warning about "Easystart" type sprays, they are usually ETHER based and can wash the residual oils of the cylinder wall accelerating Wear, if used an a regular basis. Nor is it recommended for use on Diesels with glow plugs, one of the easiest ways to burn them out.

"One off" Emergency starting is likely OK. but prolonged use indicates an underlying issue which needs rectifying.

OP
OP
S
May 17, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
5 years
First guy said no spark and said change ignition module and the coil which I did even though he said my body was live after putting his tester between live and earth and asking me if I had charged the battery backwards st any point
Then the auto electrician found a week spark so he said and advised me to change the complete dizzy module
That's the point I decided I cant rely on that kind of diagnoses and spoke to you guys about it

OP
OP
S
May 17, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
5 years
And a valuable lesson learned no more mobile mechanics until all other levels of enquiries have been exhausted

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A warning about "Easystart" type sprays, they are usually ETHER based and can wash the residual oils of the cylinder wall accelerating Wear, if used an a regular basis. Nor is it recommended for use on Diesels with glow plugs, one of the easiest ways to burn them out.

"One off" Emergency starting is likely OK. but prolonged use indicates an underlying issue which needs rectifying.
Agreed, if theres a spark and no mechanical damage easystart WILL start it....but because its so easy the underlying problem gets overlooked and the engine begins to depend on easystart every time.
Fix the problem, bin the ether.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back