Help...can't find pet passport and due to see Vet today!! (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Cant believe it made appointment for today went to my document folder,not there!!
Searched high and low no sign of it...any suggestions in a state of panic!!!!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Are you abroad and seeing vet to come home?

If so and you happen to have the vaccination card with you then as long as the rabies details and the microchip number are recorded in it then the vet will be able to issue you a new passport, at a cost obviously.

Alternatively your UK vet may be able to supply the details to the French (or wherever) vet to enable them to issue you new documents. This will obviously depend on how cooperative both vets decide to be and again will obviously be at a cost.

If neither of those things can be done then you need to speak to your transport company (ferry or tunnel) explain what's happened and ask them what you need to do.

It's not the end of the world.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh dear, no doubt its in the 'somewhere safe' place that we all have and can never find again!

If you've been to the vets with the dog previously have you left it in a handbag, coat, car etc?

OP
OP
Dizzy Izzy
Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Yes in France.I had it in U.K.as saw it when checking in at tunnel but as we haven't needed anything till today haven't really looked again.Rang our U.K. Vet who told us to get advice from Defra.Rang them they suggested we ask the vet here in France to contact U.K. Vet for info and then the may be able to complete the paperwork Vet only opens at 2 so even though appt is 3.30 going at 2 to try and sort things out.Google Translator will be needed.Will let you know how things go,I am sick with worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Okay, so you saw it when you were checking in so you know you had it with you then in the MH ... where were you sitting at the time? Have you slotted it into somewhere and forgotten to retrieve it? Go through the motions as if you're checking in again and see if it comes to you as to what you did ... glove box, dash storage, door pocket, back of sun visor, centre console storage ... even under the seat ... I'm sure you'll find it.

OP
OP
Dizzy Izzy
Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Done all that but no sign of it anywhere,I have checked every possible place

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Yes in France.I had it in U.K.as saw it when checking in at tunnel but as we haven't needed anything till today haven't really looked again.Rang our U.K. Vet who told us to get advice from Defra.Rang them they suggested we ask the vet here in France to contact U.K. Vet for info and then the may be able to complete the paperwork Vet only opens at 2 so even though appt is 3.30 going at 2 to try and sort things out.Google Translator will be needed.Will let you know how things go,I am sick with worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me what you want to tell the vet , I'll be your best google translator! OR , give me the vet's phone number and will ring him /her
Don't worry , it'll be sorted one way or the other!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Tell me what you want to tell the vet , I'll be your best google translator! OR , give me the vet's phone number and will ring him /her
Don't worry , it'll be sorted one way or the other!
@yodeli to the rescue again!:)

Well done that lady!(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@yodeli - better to send your number in a message rather than on an open forum ... unless you're hoping some other funsters will ring you too! :X3:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
@yodeli - better to send your number in a message rather than on an open forum ... unless you're hoping some other funsters will ring you too! :X3:

I know , hence I never done it before! But on here quite a few people have no idea what a PM is or how to start a conversation. When you have a computer all is at the same place on a page , toolbar etc.... but I don't know if she has a tablet or a phone or anything else! A waste of time to try and explain when someone is in a panic I reckon.
On the other hand it's on my car, and I never had a "bad" call .

When it's all sorted will ask @Jim to wipe it from the post

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Phone number noted for when we get to France later this year and need help ;)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Check in between the seats and down the backd etc .

Hope all sorted soon ..

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
What a stressful day you must be having....no doubt you have turned the motorhome upside down and looked everywhere at least 3times.
Please let us know how things turn out.
Good luck

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Use that excuse we all used all those years ago.

"The Dog ate it!!!"

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
If this helps in any way, last year when going to the UK our passport wasn't accepted as they said they couldn't read the dates so to all intents and proposes it was like we turned up without it. I called our vet back home who sent an attestation to validate that the animal did have the correct jabs, they let us through without any issue and the staff at the tunnel were really helpful.

So it may be easier to get your vet to prepare that document and as ours did he just faxed it to them whilst were were there.

The whole process took 3 cups of tea.....

OP
OP
Dizzy Izzy
Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Thanks everyone for your concern and offers of help.
Went to the vet we had booked for pre travel check with my google translated plea for help.They were so kind,I Rang my vet in U.K.from the clinic asking them to email all Muffins info,as both the vet and her nurse only spoke a little English.Once received she then made out a new French pet passport with all the details from uk and today's visit.She gave me a copy of the info from uk with dates of jabs and serial numbers.She has said we may have issues at Tunnel check in but all the info required is there and that Tunnel check in may want to ring both her and our own vet for confirmation...cost €55
@yodeli ....if it's ok with you, may I call you on Sat if any problems at Tunnel? Should get there around noon.
I am now having a large glass of red!!
I will be on pins now till back in UK with my little dog.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Went to the vet we had booked for pre travel check with my google translated plea for help.They were so kind,I Rang my vet in U.K.from the clinic asking them to email all Muffins info,as both the vet and her nurse only spoke a little English.Once received she then made out a new French pet passport with all the details from uk and today's visit.She gave me a copy of the info from uk with dates of jabs and serial numbers.She has said we may have issues at Tunnel check in but all the info required is there and that Tunnel check in may want to ring both her and our own vet for confirmation...cost €55
@yodeli ....if it's ok with you, may I call you on Sat if any problems at Tunnel? Should get there around noon.
I wish you the best of luck - hope it all goes well, but now you've been through all that rigmarole what's the betting you'll find Muffins passport before you get there. :smiley:

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Hope all goes well and no further hiccups

OP
OP
Dizzy Izzy
Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Forgot to say the vet was

Cabinet Vetrerinaire
26,Route de Meron,Montrieul Bellay

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
@Dizzy Izzy as long as you have a pet passport with chip number, in date rabies jab and vets signature and stamp ( with date and time ) for today, you'll be fine.
I travelled France to UK and back for years with 4 animals, 3 of them on Cyprus passports. As long as it's an EU passport,nmo problems.
Deep breath, you'll be fine.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp

I have English lessons on saturday morning from 10.00 to 12.00 and might have prob.to answer. If It s later in the day, then no problem at all.!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@Hollyberry is right.

As long as the new passport is filled in correctly - microchip number, details of rabies vaccination & details of worming treatment with the correct date and time - you'll be fine.

Don't even offer the other stuff to the check in staff and don't mention your lost passport. It will over complicate things needlessly. The pet check in staff at the tunnel speak English so you won't have any difficulties there. If it's busy they won't be interested in anything other than getting you processed and out as quickly as possible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back