Help/Advice on carpet cleaning, please (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2018
Mostly Sussex and Hampshire
Funster No
Exp
I guess I qualify as a newbie.
Approaching my first anniversary with Emma, my MH but I've still not used the carpets because I would like to have them thoroughly washed/cleaned before I put my dainty twinkle-toes anywhere near them...

Just wondering if anybody can give me any tips please on if I can throw them in a big laundrette machine or do I need to take them to professional cleaner or... or... or...

Answers on a postcard please.

Thanks in advance, Alison

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Well it depends on the material, but we have ours dry-cleaned professionally. Also the professionals can use special fluids/spray to take out any stains beforehand. we are lucky that prices here are quite reasonable and the carpets for the whole of our 7m 'A' Class, incl. cab area, only cost about £30 to clean.

Geoff

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
You need a spray extraction cleaner called George which is the big brother to the well known Henry Vacum cleaner produced by Numatic on sale for about £210.00 or hire for about £30.00 for the weekend . Spray extraction cleaning fluids are on sale via Amazon and EBay. After cleaning your Motorhome you will be shocked how much dirt is collected when used on your carpets at home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We hire a rug doctor from Morrison’s and do the carpets and upholstery, works a treat.... only about £30 for the weekend..

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
In the past I have used our power washer and been happy but reading the above perhaps I should keep quiet.
images

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
In the past I have used our power washer and been happy but reading the above perhaps I should keep quiet.
images

Some Funsters on here allow muddy boots in their Van's and Motorhomes in which case a power washer is required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back