Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
VW Transporter Hi roof
Exp
On and off for last 15 years
After 12 months of owning my T25 we can actually start using it now! Lots of mechanical problems and have taken out old interior and nearly finished replacing it. We are hoping to have a summer of wild camping as I find campsites too crowded! Looking to head to the Lake District in July does anyone have any ideas for good spots to park up for a day or two?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:hiya:and welcome to Fun. About time you started to enjoy the van after twelve months of work. You'll get plenty of advice and help on this forum (maybe you should have joined a year ago :)). You may find folk are not too willing to share their camping secrets though until you become a full member, well worth the subs. (y)

OP
OP
Liztim

Liztim

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
VW Transporter Hi roof
Exp
On and off for last 15 years
I see! I might have to join then! How much is it to become a full member?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! I suspect you'll struggle with wild camping spots in the Lake District in July. This isn't a motorhome friendly country. However, you can probably find some spots on the coast or in the north-west of the Lakes but the popular bits will be well policed. But given you have a T5 if you can make it look like a van parked up, show no lights and don't raise the roof you might get away with it. I suggest, for a more relaxed time, join the Caravan Club or the Camping and Caravan Club and use their CL /CS sites. Even if just for the first couple of nights while you scout out places to skulk.

PS: You don't have to join but you only get 5 free "tweets" before the doors will close, then it's £15 for a year. Don't feel pressurised to join. Use your 5 free goes first!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well worth the £15. U get £2 discount on shows and rallies plus discount with Van Bitz stuff and John Cross mhs ... AIB Insurers give u discount too I think. So you soon make up the membership fee. CC and CCC are ok but xpensive and you can still stay on their sites without being a member.

Once you are known on here some members may offer you camping on their land too.

The decision is yours though.

Enjoy your hobby. X

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello and welcome to the Fun
upload_2016-6-5_12-25-10.png

You'll find SOME campsites not crowded at all ..... As DBK says, the clubs' CLs and CSs are a good bet, they're only allowed to take 5 vans.
We're lucky - we get to "wild camp" in the Lake District but that's on a BIL's driveway .....

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome and hello not sure about the Lake District but Scotland does have spots !

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
MCC Northern group have two meets Grasmere and then Keswick, then CCC THS have a meet in Ambleside. We are going to all of them. I think it starts on 8th July. Pm me if you want details

Barry

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
You'll be lucky to find somewhere to park a MH in the Lake District in July never mind wild camp!

July last year we were slowly making our way down the country from our home in the Highlands and decided to divert off the motorway (M6) and go through the lake district to find a nice place to park up for lunch. Every possible parking spot was crammed with cars and day trippers. Now, to us being used to the Highlands it was a big disappointment (to my stomach as well). About 2.5 hours later of crowded roads we ended up at Low Birks Farm, Crosthwaite, LA8 8JH, a C&CC Certified Location (5 unit site).

It was brilliant, peaceful, quiet, lovely scenery etc. and it had hard standings. No EHU but that is not a problem for one or two nights. We were the only ones there and really loved it.

Any way best of luck and enjoy your MH. (y)

KH

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back