Hello from total newbie (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
Hello.
Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here too and have learnt alot already. The people who have helped me have been really friendly.
It's taken me around two years to decide which van was right for me. I made a slight sacrifice on the garage, which I would have liked to be bigger. I eventually order a new Malibu 600DBK. Have a look at it and see if it may be suitable for your needs. It's a six metre Fiat ducato. From what I've personally seen and been told by others, it is well made.
I was quite fussy about the things I wanted on the van and decided to buy a new one, but have noticed some pretty good second hand ones popping on to the market. You'll have to be super fast to get one.
I too was told to hire one before I buy, but decided not to. No rain storm is ever going to put me off travelling around Britain and Europe. It's so inviting. There's no doubt in my mind. I used to drive an articulated lorry and loved it when it rained. The unit has a cosy feel to it in the rain. Like a baby caravan.
If you're anything like me, you will spend hours on the Internet doing research. YouTube is fantastic for gaining information and ruling out certain models without spending time and money travelling to look at a van.
When I saw the 600DBK for the first time, I knew that was the right van. You'll know as soon as you see it. Like buying a house. It will feel right.
Good luck with everything. You've already started on your big journey just by searching for your campervan.
Turtle travel, never heard that before, love it.šŸ˜„šŸ‘Œ

Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
Arnt panel vans largely glued together now ?
Probably. I know airplane wings are. I found that quite alarming at first but found out it was strongest way. It's probably a good thing the panel van has adopted aircraft technology.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Hi,
We are looking to enter into the world of ā€˜turtleā€™ travel by purchasing a suitable vehicle but we are presently not sure what type although smallish is better.
Autosleeper seem like a reasonable bet and we prefer such as a Warwick duo layout (singles and double). Warwick XL looks good but too long for us . Also looked at Neuvo too - friends have a 2013 Lancashire so we know the layout but still think we favour panel vans presently.
Only two of us and our older dog. Looking first at travel in UK but possibly abroad longer term.
To be Frank it looks like a minefield out there so be gentle with us.
Thanks
Definitely, definitely,definitely hire first. We tried three designs, makes and sizes before we parted with any money. But itā€™s a great pastime šŸ‘

Feb 15, 2022
Crieff, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2014
I went camping for several years and then moved onto a half-share with my brother in a Nissan Elgrand converted to a campervan. We had this for around six years. Even though I went solo with my dog and he used a large awning, I found it a bit cramped if my dog and I were caught in the rain when walking. We then started looking at proper motorhomes but he decided to head down the caravan route so I bought myself a motorhome. I had read about hiring one to try different layouts but decided on something on an automatic Merc chassis so whittled it down to an Auto-Sleepers Bourton. It's still just me and a dog, lost the last one just after buying the motorhome so she never went away in it, and this new one is taking a bit of getting used to the van but we have more room now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back