Hello from Scotland....> Yet another Newbie (1 Viewer)

Feb 23, 2024
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Ducato Swift KonTiki
Hi, Im Iain and with my wife Louise we got our very first "new to us" Motorhome in November. A '96 Ducato Swift Kon-Tiki called Nora.
We have only done a couple of overnighters so far, and loving that we were on the west coast of Scotland in December and not freezing our bits off at 3am.
I have discovered a couple of jobs that I need to do to get Nora ready for the 2024 fun, but I do have a question.

We are looking forward to our first multi-night trip out, along with a few festivals and would like to know. What mistakes did you make on your first trip, and was there anythng you "forgot" or would have done differently?

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Happy Season 3 GIF

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome to Fun from sunny Dumfries, I’m sure you’ll make a few mistakes along the way as we all have. My bit of advice would be don’t go and buy loads of stuff, take a pen and paper with you and while away write down what you’re needing or missing, most of us have bought loads of junk only to stay at the back of a cupboard 😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Welcome.
lorger is right. We changed from a Motorhome to a pvc recently and now have a basement room filled with either duplicates or stuff that we bought because it was essential but never actually used. If you really forget something there are always shops en route.
Sue

May 2, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Frontier
Exp
I'm a newbie
w2f we forgot a hose and connector to fill the water tank then when leaving forgot to secure the fridge covers properly. We managed to retrieve them from the road but only once two cars had run over them first!:doh: Good luck 👍

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
:welco:
Just pack a few clothes and some food supplies, along with a couple of rolls of loo paper, and go!

Once away, keep a pad and pencil handy and write down anything that occurs. You’ll then be better equipped for next time.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
IainT
Feb 23, 2024
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Ducato Swift KonTiki
Hi and welcome to Fun from sunny Dumfries, I’m sure you’ll make a few mistakes along the way as we all have. My bit of advice would be don’t go and buy loads of stuff, take a pen and paper with you and while away write down what you’re needing or missing, most of us have bought loads of junk only to stay at the back of a cupboard 😂
Hi, Yes we put a notepad and pen in the day after we bought her, filled it with stuff to buy then crossed about 75% of it out 😂 We just know something will be missed off. We bought a new gas cylinder for our first night out. The old bottle ran out and I forgot to buy a spanner so I had to be that guy and knock on another van 😳

May 30, 2017
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 694
Exp
Motorhoming since 2017
We bought a new gas cylinder for our first night out. The old bottle ran out and I forgot to buy a spanner so I had to be that guy and knock on another van 😳
We have a basic cylinder spanner stuck to the floor of the gas compartment with sticky velcro pads. Always to hand that way. Have an adjustable in the 'useful stuff' box in the garage too, but never really had to use it.

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Hello from Perth 👍😁
Yep pen and pad is cheaper than buying stuff that you think you might need and also to remember the niggles that need sorting 😎

OP
OP
IainT
Feb 23, 2024
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Ducato Swift KonTiki
Hello from Perth 👍😁
Yep pen and pad is cheaper than buying stuff that you think you might need and also to remember the niggles that need sorting 😎
Hi. I have a few of these. Including a speedo that just stopped working and a toilet that now refuses to flush. So annoying 😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Just had another thought ...... the best way not to forget anything is to buy essentials just for the MH e.g. cooking equipment, bedding etc. They can then just stay there and only replaced when necessary. The notebook comes in handy when needing to replenish loo rolls or kitchen rolls because you can usually only buy them in large quantities. I'm not sure we have space for 9 loo rolls or 6 kitchen rolls 🤔
Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back