Free Member
Aug 4, 2018
Summerside, PEI Canada
Funster No
MH
Class C (also known as B+
Exp
Newbie, since Aug 1, 2018
It's been a dream of mine for more than a year to purchase a motorhome, and that dream came true on Aug. 1st when I took possession of a 2006 Gulf Stream Yellowstone Cruiser. You see, a year ago, I had a brain stem stroke, was in a hospital for 10 days with tubes in my arm and wondering if I was even going to live. My recover was nothing short or miraculous and I have no visible signs I had a stroke, but I still have a lot of nerve damage (thank God for drugs!!) but nothing that prohibits me from functioning normally. Anyway, back to the RV..... I've been looking for something that isn't too big (this one is 29') because my wife was dead set against a Class A style 35' beast (which is what I wanted). So, we did compromise, and purchased the used Gulf Stream. And we LOVE it!!! Our first night was spent at the "Walmart Campground" as I call it, we both thought it went well (how to work everything) and driving it was a breeze. For this year, we are only planning short trips staying at local camping facilities here in PEI until I get more use to driving and the whole routine of owning a motorhome. So, that is my story! Glad I found this forum, I think I will gain much needed RV information, tips and suggestions so I can be learn all the things I need to know to make the experience even more pleasurable! And, here are a couple of pics of the unit I bought (if this will post):

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
You might like to have a browse at rvoc.co.uk which is the sister(?) site specially for those of us with RVs.

Welcome to FUN which is the best accessory a motorhome can have.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome to FUN it's the best 15 gbp we spend each year.
Lovely looking RV enjoy yourselves

OP
OP
NewStrings

NewStrings

Free Member
Aug 4, 2018
Summerside, PEI Canada
Funster No
MH
Class C (also known as B+
Exp
Newbie, since Aug 1, 2018
Hey thanks everyone, appreciate the warm greetings! This looks like a great place to hang out!

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Welcome, but remember to subscribe Ā£15, or you will be limited to the number of posts you can make ( can still read all of ours though). Current conversion rates, thatā€™s about $15!
RVOC is also worth a browse. Thereā€™s a gentle rivalry between us but we are united against the rest of them!

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Thought the Big Boss Jim Had removed non active members, think he may have missed one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back