hello everyone, its my first time (1 Viewer)

nice steve

Free Member
May 31, 2018
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail, Apache
Exp
Since 2016
hi, i'm Steve from Doncaster, my first time here, had the motorhome for 2 years now but not used it much after the lose of my wife in august 2016 after 36 years married, i have been very lonely and now trying to start and mix again, make new Friends and try to start using the motorhome again, found your site and thinking of going to some of the meets, just booked a mouth of work. JUNE. and setting off next week, just not sure where to go or what to do it's not the same without my wife. thinking of going North, Scotland i think, thanks and all the best, Steve

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Welcome mate,sorry about the loss of your wife. But you are doing the right thing coming on here,lots of friendly people,good advice and helpful support. Enjoy the fun!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
hellowelcome
My condolences on the loss of your wife.
Don’t just think about joining a meet, get on and get your name down. There must be some in June and you can incorporate one or two into your holiday.

Jul 22, 2017
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Starting to understand
Welcome Steve, best wishes to you. My condolences on your loss. Good luck with the touring.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
:pink: To the forum Steve.
It must be really hard after 36 years married to have to get out and do things by yourself. I don’t know where I’d start if I lost Ralph , cos we do every together too.May we both pass on our condolences to you.
But you’ve done the right thing joining this club. It’s a great start.
There’s lots of single Divorced widowed people on here too.
It’s not just married couples . Everybody mingles and the great thing is, that on a meet/rally , you can do as much or as little as you want to . Without feeling obliged to be full on all the time.
There’s a great meet coming up with a space left
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...t-26th-to-30th-july-2018.167285/#post-2654368 Run by Bob and Terry who are both from near your way.
If your a paid up member you can go on the thread and book a spot . Then turn up and join in as much or as little as you want. There’s fishing on site too. If your into that . As well as a bit of bring and buy motorhome related stuff and a bit of fixing bits and bobs motorhome related too.
We’re going as well as loads of other folk.
Maybe see you there ?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hello & welcome to the forum.

There are quite a few in the same situation, if you haven't already it would be a good start to pay for a years subs (£15) then you can go on the meets.

I see Bev's beaten me to it:LOL:.

I know how hard it feels but if you dig deep you can start enjoying things again. Just take a step at a time.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Hi Steve, and
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

You are not alone. Have a look at the solo travellers section on this forum, and also at the recent posts by @J&S who is sadly in a similar situation to yourself. Also, as per a previous post, take a loook at the rallies section.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/solo-travellers.218/
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/scheduled-rallies.272/

Ducto

Free Member
May 19, 2018
M Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Campervan since 2003
Hi Steve and well done for moving on with your life. It's what your wife would have wanted as I'm sure you would for her.

Wishing you the very best and getting out and about is great to do having a M/H to do it in makes you very fortunate

Cheers!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ducto

Free Member
May 19, 2018
M Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Campervan since 2003
[QUOTE="ambulancekidd, post: 2864005, m
"As life goes on & I meet more people I've learned to understand why Noah only put animals onto the ark!"

Sums things up!

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Welcome Steve, our stories are very similar, I lost my wife in January 2017 and like you were married for 36 happy years. The biggest problem I have found is finding the motivation to move on, I have 2 great sons that have helped immensely but even after 18 months it is still hard to find a reason to do anything. I’m sure eventually it will get better and I will be able to attend some rallies and finally meet some of the great people on here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back