Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 21, 2021
Silverstream, Tyholland, County Monaghan, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
N00b
With weather getting colder I am noticing the van cools of quicker than last winter (Even Jan this year when it was freezing) and the only difference is my big roof extractiion fan.
Maybe logical I cut a big square hole in roof and insulation and allm that seperates inside from outside is a sheet of plastic
OR is there something else amiss

If I am right what would be a solution to insulate the roof fan while not in use

(This morning I got the van up to 20c and i lost 3 degrees in a little more than 30 minutes with an outside Temp of 12)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sheet of celotex or similar cut to fit works well or make some "silver screens" using foil bubble insulation etc

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I made up pads from a few layers of silvered bubble wrap insulation bonded together that I fit into our skylights on cold nights, plus it does a good job of reducing the heat in our van when the sun is blazing down on the roof although I leave the skylights open then so as not to damage the clear plastic covers. I also fit pads like these between the blinds and the side window in cold weather.

1667558795673.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back