Headlights (1 Viewer)

amandastuart

Free Member
Feb 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 540
We're new to the world of Motorhomes and hope someone can help us.
We're about to take delivery of a 2024 Swift Voyager 540. We plan on taking it to Europe
Can anyone tell us are the headlights LED and do they need beam deflectors for driving abroad?
Thanks in advance

Deleted User
No joy asking the supplying dealer I suppose?
Maybe the answer will be in the owners manual when you get it.
I think that it is a perfectly reasonable question to ask here.

Dealers can't be trusted to know their arse from their elbow and the info is unlikely to be in a handbook, which he doesn't have at the moment in any case.

I thought this forum is supposed to be welcoming to newbies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I think that it is a perfectly reasonable question to ask here.

Dealers can't be trusted to know their arse from their elbow and the info is unlikely to be in a handbook, which he doesn't have at the moment in any case.

I thought this forum is supposed to be welcoming to newbies.
Precisely. It would be interesting to know if indeed the dealer (esp main dealers of brand new vehicles) was sufficiently informed since It is frequently posted on here that dealers are inept and that m/home manuals are pretty useless.
(I don't belong to Fun to be clever).

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Looks like beam deflectors, but to be fair we’ve driven all over France in our Ducato based MoHo and never bothered with headlight adjusters, but we try to only drive in daylight. I found the Transit owners manual on the Ford Owners website, it only mentions height adjustment.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Buy the beam deflectors and fit the if you have to drive at night, very unlikely in my experience.

Oct 22, 2020
God's Own County
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H592
Exp
Since 2018
Looks like beam deflectors, but to be fair we’ve driven all over France in our Ducato based MoHo and never bothered with headlight adjusters, but we try to only drive in daylight. I found the Transit owners manual on the Ford Owners website, it only mentions height adjustment.

You know it’s illegal not to have them fitted and it’s an on the spot 90€ fine

“I only drive in daylight” is not accepted by the police as a reason not to have them fitted

Ask me how I know☹️

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
If I may just interject- :p

Headlights are often required in the rain/fog during the day too, if only to make oneself more visible. When arguably the wet conditions can cause more dazzle so headlight deflectors should really be fitted regardless of whether one intends to drive day time only or not.

I always fit mine as soon as I can when on the other side. They cost coppers after all.

I've even had the French come up to me in supermarket car parks and say thanks if they have noticed them. (y)

edit - beaten to it by Bonsaiman

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
I would suggest that it is unlikely that the LED’s will have automatic adjustment as this would be a big thing in the Motorhome world and would have been commented on here before. I drive a lot on the continent and a lot overnight so I always use deflectors, just think it is common courtesy. There is an adjustment for headlight height, however, all that does is reduce how far you can see, doesn’t change left to right

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back