Heading up North in the morning. (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
IMG_3337.JPG
We have decided to head North tomorrow as it's been so long since we have toured Scotland,have only been back in Britain a week but the van is sitting there so we're off. Hope the weather is good but not too worried about that,have decided to take the cats with us and a bit worried about the young un. Got him as a rescue and he isn't exactly a stay at home cat as he visits any neighbour that has food available. :oops: Wish us luck,anyone up the west coast of Scotland look out for a tiger on the loose. ;)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Have a great time . Sure you will. . Hope your cats stay close .

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Not a cat person but your cat is beautiful (y) Enjoy your tour did the same this time last year loved it have a great time .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I'm jealous. Nice looking cat. I would be interested - as I am sure would others - to hear how you get on with taking your cat with you. We usually take our dog with us but have never considered taking the cat. Or the horses. :LOL: Guess we need to start saving:

IMG_0804.PNG

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Have a great trip.

We have only carried out one long tour of Scotland but will certainly do so again. The West Coast in particular is beautiful.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I have seen people with cats on holiday. We once had to take our guinea pig

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've seen many with cats in and off the leads. Only last week at a rally was the Marshall with one cat running free as and when he wanted,another on a lead, the dogs were very interested in them. I wouldn't like to let one go free as it might not. COme back but at least it could escape from a dog by running up a tree.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Just finishing off a Scottish trip and hope you enjoy yours as much as we have. Midges have been a problem for one of our group but not all. I guess it's all down to blood. Hope the weather is good, it is crap in Moffat at present!

Have a good time.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Cats-Bagpipes.... Bagpipes- Cats ?:unsure::unsure: :ROFLMAO: Enjoy yourselves.
Tea Bag:ROFLMAO:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
View attachment 174034 We have decided to head North tomorrow as it's been so long since we have toured Scotland,have only been back in Britain a week but the van is sitting there so we're off. Hope the weather is good but not too worried about that,have decided to take the cats with us and a bit worried about the young un. Got him as a rescue and he isn't exactly a stay at home cat as he visits any neighbour that has food available. :oops: Wish us luck,anyone up the west coast of Scotland look out for a tiger on the loose. ;)
Hope they are chipped...

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Take your brolly! Beautiful place but boy does it rain up north

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We have decided to head North tomorrow as it's been so long since we have toured Scotland,have only been back in Britain a week but the van is sitting there so we're off. Hope the weather is good but not too worried about that,have decided to take the cats with us and a bit worried about the young un. Got him as a rescue and he isn't exactly a stay at home cat as he visits any neighbour that has food available. :oops: Wish us luck,anyone up the west coast of Scotland look out for a tiger on the loose. ;)

Fur Go** sake Trev.:eek:
It's the blo*** Glasgow Fair so weather will be horrendous.:cry:
Thought you would have known better!:rolleyes:
Anyway, enjoy yourselves.(y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Have a great trip, we took our cat to Scotland, no lead, worked pretty well, but we ended up staying over a few more nights than planned, he got quite cute at disappearing when we were due to move on, only coming back around dusk when I reckon he knew it was too late to go :)(y)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
View attachment 174034 We have decided to head North tomorrow as it's been so long since we have toured Scotland,have only been back in Britain a week but the van is sitting there so we're off. Hope the weather is good but not too worried about that,have decided to take the cats with us and a bit worried about the young un. Got him as a rescue and he isn't exactly a stay at home cat as he visits any neighbour that has food available. :oops: Wish us luck,anyone up the west coast of Scotland look out for a tiger on the loose. ;)
Make sure you bring anti midge stuff with you, it's definitely midgey season. !!!

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Weather is a bit grim but meant to improve,the old girl curled up on the back bed and Midas lay on the shelf beside Mrs bigtree nice and quiet. Took about 5 hours to Arisaig. First pic is going through Glencoe.
IMG_3373.JPG
IMG_3374.JPG

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Trevor i used to take one of my cats, she was a great one for wandering but if she wasn't about she soon came back after the engine was started. sisters went walkabout they came back to wild camp spot 2days later and cat was just sitting there, with a 'where did you lot get to look on it's face' Enjoy love to you and Lil

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
We went in early spring ,last time 42 years ago. Beautiful , loved it , couldn't go this time of the year would be eaten alive. Definitely go agin ,don't think we would leave it so long.:D

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Hopefully the weather will pick up for you today, we are at the CC site in Melrose and it's beautifully sunny and a warm 16 degrees!!
Have a great trip?
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back