Have you been nicked while abroad? (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4915996/More-British-drivers-abroad-fall-foul-law.html

Had this link sent to me today by my neighbour.
Like many, I have been flashed by speed cameras in France, usually because they thought I was an HGV on a motorway.
Do you know of anyone being pinched for speeding in a MoHo in France by a speed camera?
In a over 3.5 ton van it's quite easy to drift over 80kph on ordinary roads, particularly with French HGV's right up your chuff urging you to get a move on.

Richard.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We've been flashed loads of times too whilst on the motorway and on the Bordeaux ring road. Like you say its the lorry safety cameras picking up the van because of its height.
Never received a fine in the post.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Been flashed too, through the pyrenees on the motorway mainly, never received a fine - it's the lorry thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Been flashed, stopped and fined going through the tunnel at Mont Blanc. Due to all the restriction signs at the entrance on the Italian side I missed the speed limit sign. Thought 50mph might be about right, got approx 1/2 mile in and double flash. On exiting the tunnel several kilometers later an Italian and a French police officer flagged me down. They called for an interpreter and through her they asked to see all the documents relating to the motorhome, wanted to see the documents relating to the trailer and they wanted to know why I didn't have an HGV licence. When I explained about trailers in GB and motorhomes not being HGVs they gave me a fine for €30+ for exceeding the 50kph speed limit and sent me on my way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back