Has the winter fuel allowance been cancelled (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think I remembered seeing this in the Tory manifesto... Or have they just cancelled it for those not resident in the UK....

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Don't think they've made it Gospel yet @buttons

If anyone hasn't claimed it yet (and fulfill the criteria) they have until March 31st 2018 to claim for the 2017/18 allowance.
I did get £200 until the 'child bride' became of age. Now we only get 100 nicker each. Furry muff, I suppose.
Far as I'm concerned, they can take it off me. There's loads of poor grannies with three woolies on trying to keep warm this winter, afraid to turn the heating on because of the bills. Give it to them.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Got mine the other day......
Cheers, Dave(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
There's loads of poor grannies with three woolies on trying to keep warm this winter, afraid to turn the heating on because of the bills. Give it to them.

And disabled people who are too young to claim but need to keep warm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Don't think they've made it Gospel yet @buttons

If anyone hasn't claimed it yet (and fulfill the criteria) they have until March 31st 2018 to claim for the 2017/18 allowance.
I did get £200 until the 'child bride' became of age. Now we only get 100 nicker each. Furry muff, I suppose.
Far as I'm concerned, they can take it off me. There's loads of poor grannies with three woolies on trying to keep warm this winter, afraid to turn the heating on because of the bills. Give it to them.

As I understand it one only has to claim in the first year of entitlement, unless the rules have changed - in which case they have not informed me.

As for 'take it off me', if you think you need to claim it, just do not claim.

Geoff

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Oh dear. I have got mine today. Wife miffed not got hers yet. Need a new boiler.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Sorry Mr B, President for life Corbyn and VP Abbot has decreed you rich bas****s in the South East ain't gonna get any this year. Just us poor landless peasants living in our £300,000 hovels, (with mega sea views) here in the South West (we are a recognised National Minority after all) will get it

When the revolution comes Mr B we'll ALL have our winter fuel allowance,

3 TONNES OF COAL! and a Cord of kindling (y)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/eligibility. Looks like there was a qualifying week to be in UK.
"You can’t get the payment if you live in Cyprus, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Malta, Portugal or Spain because the average winter temperature is higher than the warmest region of the UK."

Might be different rules in Scotland.
11324983_1409313632726294_1177295767_n.jpg

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Sorry Mr B, President for life Corbyn and VP Abbot has decreed you rich bas****s in the South East ain't gonna get any this year. Just us poor landless peasants living in our £300,000 hovels, (with mega sea views) here in the South West (we are a recognised National Minority after all) will get it

When the revolution comes Mr B we'll ALL have our winter fuel allowance,

3 TONNES OF COAL! and a Cord of kindling (y)
Don't become too complacent rangitira those billions in euro handouts will soon disappear along with Brexit.:)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Don't become too complacent rangitira those billions in euro handouts will soon disappear along with Brexit.:)

That's OK Mr B
us'll just have to go back to Wrecking, and swarming over the Tamar looting, pillaging and burning, with finease/ refinement/delicate manipulation and artful tact of course.
One must in this day and age of Political Correctness bear in mind that we! the aggressor, must first of all warn the people to be pillaged etc, that they will experience flash photography, scenes of violence AND foul language (I wonder Mr B will those warnings cover Beheading, disembowelment, rapine & impalement? Should we seek advice from @Chris on this?)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
That's OK Mr B
us'll just have to go back to Wrecking, and swarming over the Tamar looting, pillaging and burning, with finease/ refinement/delicate manipulation and artful tact of course.

Better to just challenge them at EUCHRE - left, right, benny - job done!! ;)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
That's OK Mr B
One must in this day and age of Political Correctness bear in mind that we! the aggressor, must first of all warn the people to be pillaged etc, that they will experience flash photography, scenes of violence AND foul language (I wonder Mr B will those warnings cover Beheading, disembowelment, rapine & impalement? Should we seek advice from @Chris on this?)
Don't forget some loose change rangi I think you might need it for the Tamar toll.:)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Don't forget some loose change rangi I think you might need it for the Tamar toll.:)

Yes!YES! Tiz right! we must pay to enter ENGLAND!

Bloody 'ell matey! I'll 'ave Jean Claude Drunker on this, he'll be able to tell me who I can sue.
Glad you pointed that out Mr B, that piece of advice tiz worth Squillions! :hi5:

Deleted User
Damn, just missed it, and they pushed my pension back to 66. Good job I now live north of Watford, It’s acceptable to burn the sofa or dismantle an internal wall to put on the fire.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back