Has anyone travelled to Belgium recently and organised Day 1 or Day 2 PCR Tests (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
As the title suggest interested in anyones experience of travelling to Belgium over the last couple of weeks where you need to have a PCR test on Day 1 or 2 and self-isolate until receiving a negative result ?

Was thinking about heading over on the Tunnel and going to a test centre in Veurne or Ostende/Brugges before progressing to our destination.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As the title suggest interested in anyones experience of travelling to Belgium over the last couple of weeks where you need to have a PCR test on Day 1 or 2 and self-isolate until receiving a negative result ?

Was thinking about heading over on the Tunnel and going to a test centre in Veurne or Ostende/Brugges before progressing to our destination.
OldCodger might be able to help

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I’m not there yet! I arrive on Wednesday next week.

I’m only staying two days as if you stay under 48 hours you don’t need to test.

The most important question is Are you vaccinated? If not is actually illegal to enter without doing a full 14 day quarantine, and they mean it. No leaving the building

If you are fully vaccinated the Belgians now recognise the NHS App and will accept it as proof you have been doubly stabbed.

If you want to stay longer than 48hrs you need to complete a PLF (and they WILL check ) and quarantine (aka self isolate) until your day 1/2 test is negative.

They say results take 3 days and I got calls every day even though I told them I didn’t travel when I learned I’d have to quarantine.

If you need any more info let me know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
PS. Based on others comments many pharamacies offer the test. When you register the PLF They send a code. Give this to the pharmacy so they can link the test to you.

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I’m not there yet! I arrive on Wednesday next week.

I’m only staying two days as if you stay under 48 hours you don’t need to test.

The most important question is Are you vaccinated? If not is actually illegal to enter without doing a full 14 day quarantine, and they mean it. No leaving the building

If you are fully vaccinated the Belgians now recognise the NHS App and will accept it as proof you have been doubly stabbed.

If you want to stay longer than 48hrs you need to complete a PLF (and they WILL check ) and quarantine (aka self isolate) until your day 1/2 test is negative.

They say results take 3 days and I got calls every day even though I told them I didn’t travel when I learned I’d have to quarantine.

If you need any more info let me know.
Yes double vaccinated, could probably keep the trip under 48 hours or stay in Germany as our office is close to the border and avoid needing pcr.

I have requested the code required to book a test in advance but good to hear other people’s experiences.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
We’re on holiday in France and I’m diving over into Belgium for the two days to visit a site my client has there first time in 14 months.

purdypie22

Free Member
Sep 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
bailey
Hello all So glad i joined so much info
we have booked ferry dover to calais leaving on sunday Was hoping to visit Belguim especially Ypres.
Is it correct that you can only say in Belguim for 48 hours before needing to take a PCR test ? We are both double jabbed
If we decide we would like to stay longer Then where would we be able to get these tests done and at what cost?
Any advice greatly appreciated

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
we have booked ferry dover to calais leaving on sunday Was hoping to visit Belguim especially Ypres.
Is it correct that you can only say in Belguim for 48 hours before needing to take a PCR test ? We are both double jabbed
If we decide we would like to stay longer Then where would we be able to get these tests done and at what cost?
I did just that last week. We camped on a site in France (Felleries municipal) and i drove into Belgium in a hirecar. There are no border checks on the roads.

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
You are correct an PCR test is required for stays over 48 hours. When you fill-in your passenger locator form for Belgium they will send you a code to register for a PCR Test and access to a site to choose a location.

They are all over Belgium and the cost is EUR55

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
You are correct an PCR test is required for stays over 48 hours. When you fill-in your passenger locator form for Belgium they will send you a code to register for a PCR Test and access to a site to choose a location.

They are all over Belgium and the cost is EUR55
An American colleague (not required to quarantine as they are whitelisted!) got his test done at Charleroi airport - tested at 5pm result by email 8 am the following morning.

the other thing to say is threat if you are staying more than 48 hours you need to self isolate until your result come through negative

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back