Has Anyone here actually taken a dog to Morocco?? (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
From the "horse's mouth" ... ::bigsmile:

Welcome back Graham, pat and Gerry.......
I said you would comment at some point....

jennyp19

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Sunny Scunny
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
about 10 yrs
These people have travelled extensively in Europe & Nth Africa with their dog. All you need to know, & on righthand side part of log "dog Stuff". They have even published a book on travelling in Morocco
http://ourtour.co.uk/home/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi,

Just to add what I know to this thread, as looked at the same thing for Turkey a year ago, and AM taking my pooch to Morocco in January........

As long as you have the pet passport and necessary blood test results, of which you will need a printed copy to show in Spain & Morocco (if checked), you also need to comply with the rabies booster for Spain. So if you had the pet passport issued over a year ago, they must have a booster jab, as even though the rabies jab here is okay for 3 years, it isn't in Spain, they require a yearly booster. Keep the blood test results with you.

The only other thing required is before you come back into the country (UK) they must visit a vet no less than 24 hours beforehand I think it is, and not more than 72 hrs (check on that, that's memory from my recent trip to Holland) to have tapeworm treatment administered and signed off.

That's all you need to do. So you will need to stop in Spain/France somewhere at the vet on the way back home.

I would not consider taking Charlie-Brown if I was unsure about any of this, but (although it wasn't very comfortable touring Siciliy/Italy this year in a Micra) he loves the Motorhome and it's going to be great fun.

I'm not so worried about attitudes and stray dogs, as after 3 months in Turkey a year ago (we decided against taking him, fed the street dogs, and missed him madly), we didn't find any street dogs aggressive, as someone earlier said, it's just a bit of a pack sorting out, other dogs bow down and know their place. The dogs generally want love/food and of course you have to understand that the majority of Muslims do see dogs as dirty, so they won't be welcome, but when travelling about with them, it doesn't matter, as Snowbird said, you can't get buses with them, but that applies in Spain/Europe too. It's not too different.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
They eat dog out there, don't they.......
or is that Hong Kong ???
Dog on a stick springs to mind !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I suppose it makes sure you don't have to take too much frozen meat with you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

misskiwi

Free Member
Apr 4, 2013
Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Dog to Morocco

Hi,we live in Portugal and took our dog in March to Morocco just on her passport, they never asked to look at it in Moro or Spain. The French take their cats and dogs all the time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back