Harly wax or Colinite & washing with Fenwicks (1 Viewer)

Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
I have always used Harly wax on my car because it is pure carnuba, easy to apply and also a sensible price. I have been reading the enthusiasm for Colinite on MHF and would appreciate any observations as to why this might be better than Harly wax. I had thought that pure carnauba was as good as it gets.

Partly related to this is washing because on my old m/home I used Fenwicks motorhome cleaner followed by a quick spray of Bobby Dazzler and this always seemed to work well. However I wonder if all the effort waxing would be wasted using Fenwicks as opposed to a good wax shampoo. After a few weeks on the road it does need something more than just water.

One thing I have noticed over several years of using Fenwicks, especially with Bobby Dazzler is that it doesn't black streak half as badly as after just a wax polish but then I have never used Harly or Colinite on my motorhome before.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
+1 for harly wax, as I said on the other thread, it doesn't leave white marks on the black plastic or rubber bits. Could have sworn mine said there was bees wax in it too, I'll check when I get home.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I use Collinite but have not used Harly so cannot compare.
I find Collinite coupled with washing with Mothers Carnauba wash wax keeps a brilliant shine and run off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back