Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
We went browsing around MH forecourts etc again yesterday and took a detour past some tents and caravan's.
We saw some foldable-collapsable-caravan type tent thingimmijigery's. Sort of half trailer, half tent, We decided to take a look.
Now, I dont want one but atfer the initial surprise of the appearance, what a lot of space you get in them.
I think they are called Pennines or something. Its amazing whats out there.
I just wondered though how they would stand up to some strong winds etc.
Does anyone own one? Im just being nosey mind, I still want my RV.

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
We had a Pennine folding camper for twelve months and had a very memorable ten week tour of France in it. Heavy rain and strong winds are no problem, security and noise insulation is. But the worse problem is heat insulation. We once stayed on an airfield site in mid December, the temperature got down to -6 at 3am we coudn't take it any more, jumped in the car, turned the engine on, heater up full and spent the rest of the night there! :ROFLMAO:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
We had a Pennine folding camper for twelve months and had a very memorable ten week tour of France in it. Heavy rain and strong winds are no problem, security and noise insulation is. But the worse problem is heat insulation. We once stayed on an airfield site in mid December, the temperature got down to -6 at 3am we coudn't take it any more, jumped in the car, turned the engine on, heater up full and spent the rest of the night there! :ROFLMAO:

ditto above

ours was a conway (now owned by pennine) had it for years,loved it as much as our m/h, last year they changed from canvas covers to acrylic much better.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Once saw one that came from the states I believe, was even more caravan like, it had a solid roof fibreglass I think that raised with a handle. all four supports raising together with tent like ears, same as the pennine.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Half tent half caravan

We had a Dandy it was trailer bottom and PVC upper. The roof section was insulated, and was fitted with an under floor gas heater, brilliant!!:Smile:

It was used all year round for about ten years, then the kids wanted to do there oen thing, so we sold it and bought a Conway cruiser, which was semi automatic assembly. Good times.:roflmto:

They are a camping section of their own, although after a m/h I would not want to go back to trailer tents.:RollEyes:

Nomadic

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i recently got rid/sold my folding caravan. that had solid sides that folded into a low traler. could say i dont like caravans ,only got a 5er and a teardrop left. do have a roof tent good for smaller vans. ask sundowner he just got rid /sold his. he had his on a landrover. nuther sad person. he as a 5ern a demount.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back