NOH

Mar 25, 2023
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Club Joker
Exp
Since 2011
Just been talking to the supplying dealer about a habitation service. It’s just approaching a year old. They told me that they need it for a week. Is this normal practice?
I told them I’ll go elsewhere.

Mar 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Toleno L
Our dealer does ours while we wait. About 3 hours looking at the new stock. Makes quite a nice day out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
This has been said before but a habitation check is not required to maintain the water ingress warranty, the cheaper Damp Check is though but this is usually around £90 where as a Habitation check at a dealer is well over £300 and then some.

I only found this out on the last couple of years of my water ingress warranty but it still saved me over £600 compared to having the Habitation check done.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Absolutely not. 3 hours and that's pushing it so they can justify the cost. What van is it? The Approved WorkshopScheme have agreements with many manufacturers to allow hab checks and maintain water ingress warranty. Check the website for details. https://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/?UTM_source=GBP_listing&UTM_medium=organic
The part about them maintaining the water ingress warranty as mentioned does not apply for all makes as Rapido only allow approved workshops to maintain their warranty and they are not on their list. This may also apply to other manufacturers so please check before going down this path as it may prove to be very expensive later on

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
That's why I said check on their website. The manufacturers with agreements are listed.

Reactions: zac
Jul 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria compact sl
I had a habitation check last week. On completion the documentation included a damp check but stated that due to the construction it was a visual check only with no sign of damp. This is not acceptable for the 10 year warranty by Adria and I have documentation from previous tests done by other testers. The tester told me that it can only be tested with a button type tester, ie not pierced and is a complete waste of time. I’m looking at options.

OP
OP
NOH

NOH

Mar 25, 2023
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Club Joker
Exp
Since 2011
Absolutely not. 3 hours and that's pushing it so they can justify the cost. What van is it? The Approved WorkshopScheme have agreements with many manufacturers to allow hab checks and maintain water ingress warranty. Check the website for details. https://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/?UTM_source=GBP_listing&UTM_medium=organic
It’s a Globecar summit so a PVC. On reflection I didn’t say I’d go elsewhere but told them to go elsewhere - if you get my drift.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back