Habitation and Ingress services (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony 744
I'm looking for some advice regarding Burstner habitation and ingress service checks, ours are due this month but our local dealer can't fit us in until the end of July and have told us that as there will be a gap between the services being done (the motorhome is 3 years old, therefore the 3rd lots of services) and the original date the motorhome was registered the ingress warranty will be void, does this sound correct ? I would have expected a grace period to cover us as this issue is caused by the dealer being busy? Would appreciate any input from people that have had a similar experience or have knowledge about this issue Thanks in advance Soulman

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Can you check your original documentation - I’m assuming you bought the ‘van from new…..?
Any ‘leeway’ with the damp check would be mentioned there……. :unsure:

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2021
Renfrew Scotland
Funster No
MH
kontiki sport
Exp
20 years tugging .5 years MOH.
Yes got the same problem, with the dealer.
They seem to take joy in giving you this information, get an approved mobile service guy to do the hab check.
They have a bit of leeway on dates but only the dealer can carry out warranty work.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Normally damp check has to be done withing 30 days of anniversary of reg/sale date. Hab check if you bother with doesn't mater as the van is out of warranty, I only every have a damp check.
A Burstner will have to be done at a Burstner dealer.
Just phone around a few dealers I'm sure one will fit you in, if not a quit trip to Germany you will find dealers there much more accommodating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
therefore the 3rd lots of services) and the original date the motorhome was registered the ingress warranty will be void, does this sound correct ?
If it was where you bought it then I'd inform them that you will hold them liable for the remainder of the warranty period as it is ,or will be late, due to them not being able to fit the vehicle in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back