Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
The Sunday Times today reports that a Green Card will be necessary, if driving in Europe, in the event of No Deal. It also points out that it may be necessary depending on the outcome of any possible deal. So far, nothing new.

However, they also report that

You will need two Green Cards if you are towing a trailer or a caravan, one for the car and another for the trailer”.

Has anyone heard of this. A caravan I can understand as they are usually insured but most trailers, like our scooter carrying trailer, are not.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Another poorly thought out requirement.

I suspect it only applies to those trailers required to be registered (750kg and up if commercial use and all over 3500kg) and any below 750kg CAN'T be registered.

Most motor policies include trailer cover WHILE HITCHED so should be included on the tow vehicles green card.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I phoned Comfort for my MH green card last week. During the phone call they asked if I were towing, since a green card might be compulsory for a trailer if one were needed for the MH, and they would supply it free. I queried the over 3.5t requirement regards trailers and was told it applied to all trailers, whether registered or not.

Good service from Comfort again.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
I've just received a green card from Saga, they asked if I would be pulling a trailer I said yes. Green card has arrived and it says it is valid for (section 6) car, trailer & other.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks all.(y)

Will make sure to mention it to my insurers when requesting the card.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back