Gothic Weekend Rally - Whitby (2 Viewers)

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
would love to do this... but grandchild is due to be born on 5th !!!!.... fingers crossed he/she will be early/late !!!....could we just turn up without booking ?

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
would love to do this... but grandchild is due to be born on 5th !!!!.... fingers crossed he/she will be early/late !!!....could we just turn up without booking ?

I am sorry but I cannot acept anymore for this rally, you could try calling the site and book on their tent field, if they have any space left, tel number on first thread.

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Liz and Clive looking forward to it.

Hi Littlehouse
You have already been added to the reserve list, if anyone drops out you will automatically been added to the rally list.
You could try and call the site owner and see if he has space on his tent field.
Thanks
Val

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
could you possibly ad us to the reserve list ,as if any one drops out we would like to attend,if sucsesfull what do i do about booking ,is it via yourself or with the site owner .many thanks.steve.:thumb:

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
could you possibly ad us to the reserve list ,as if any one drops out we would like to attend,if sucsesfull what do i do about booking ,is it via yourself or with the site owner .many thanks.steve.:thumb:

Hi Buyer (steve)
I will add you to the reserve if anyone drops out you will go up the reserve list.
I will collect and arrange with the owner of the site, so payment is collected by myself.
hope to see you there, where abouts in Leicstershire do you live?

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Originally Posted by weekenders
THIS RALLY IS NOW FULL
Just to let you all know, this Whitby Gothic weekend of FUN, is now limited to 25!! motorhomes.
We are upto 28 definates . NO MORE PLEASE

updated list:

Weekenders
Movan
lallymc
Ralph-n-Bev
Dingray
Loujess
canopus36
Upmarkethippy +Bionicpixie
aba
C.L.S
artona
Haganap
Family Guy
Pat & Jan
carl65
Castway
hilldweller
blameofman
andyman
Pat4Neil
Paulus the Woodgnome
Coldstreamer
Smuger
Mikeshelton
M1TCH
The Stig
Yosser Hughes
Shaun & Nikki

RESERVE LIST
Manda3000GT
Roadrunner
Littlehouse
Techno100
Touchwood
Buyer

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
hi weekenders, we live on the a46 dual cariageway just north of syston:thumb:

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi Steve
Do you know Allsops? our son works there, he likes hot rods although he has a track car, we live on A60 Nottingham to Loughborough.

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
is that chris alsops the scrap metal merchant,if so yes i know chris and his son johnathan i take all my scrap metal to them as they are easy to get to just 11 miles up the road:thumb:

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
been on a few rallies, last one with funsters was newarke motorhome show at the end of march,we have been away about 15 times this year so far mainly american /custom/hotrod shows etc,going to shakespear county raceway on friday to the hot rod drags(old pre 73 hot rods/drag cars etc ,usualy a brilliant weekend).i am booked in to lincoln the folowing weekend and would love to go away with the funsters before parking up for the winter so i am looking to see what is available , i can't stand the thought of not going anywhere till next march.:thumb:

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We usually go to Lincoln, but we are off to france on friday, just for a week, going on the tunnel. we use our motorhome all the time, winter as well, our first meet was new year 2009/2010 at Wrenbury, was a great meet and they made you fell really welcome.
we are hoping to go away for new year but not sure where yet.

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
i know what you mean about them making you feel at home, i have only been on about 6 fun rallies and every time i have felt that they made me very welcome ,no snobery .i can't stand those sort of people that look down on you if your motor home is smaller or older or less valluable than theres,and i have never fealt any of that at any funsters meet.hope to see you at whitby if there is any chance.steve.:thumb:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Are there still places left, i've been meaning to book this event for ages but just never got around to it. oops!

patrick:winky:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Are there still places left, i've been meaning to book this event for ages but just never got around to it. oops!

Hi Patrick

It looks like you might be on the list near where Haganap and family man are, it shows Pat and Jan, so you might be lucky and that might be you if so youre in, but let Val confirm.

Kind regards

Pat

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10

Hi Patrick

It looks like you might be on the list near where Haganap and family man are, it shows Pat and Jan, so you might be lucky and that might be you if so youre in, but let Val confirm.

Kind regards

Pat

Yes Patrick, your social secretary booked you on it aged ago after I spoke to you on the phone. You are down to come:Doh:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can someone tell me how this weekend works, please?

Do we have a party on the site or just do our own thing wandering into town?

Has price been mentioned for the weekend and does that apply to two adults only?

Sorry to be a pain.. :Blush:

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Can someone tell me how this weekend works, please?

Do we have a party on the site or just do our own thing wandering into town?

Has price been mentioned for the weekend and does that apply to two adults only?

Sorry to be a pain.. :Blush:

Hi Movan

This is a great meet for Gothic Weekend in Whitby, the atmosphere and dressing up is well worth a visit, the farm site is a rally field only with water and empty point, you can wander into town or chat to funsters on site, we have a safari room and are also hoping to bring a gazebo of some sort (unless someone has one) so we can get together at some point.
I have some quizzes for us and will be doing bacon butties on sunday morning.
Cheyne (upmarkethippy) is bring along his army tent and log burner so we can keep warm.

The cost is £7 per night per motorhome, We will have 2 ehu hook up's so if anyone needs anything charging at all just let me know.

Let me know if you are still interested in coming, hope to see you soon

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
Not too far away, now! Looking forward to it!

Not sure whether this has been mentioned before but also taking place that weekend (on the 5th), for anyone interested in Hot Rods and Custom cars, is the Whitby Kustom show at West Cliff Primary School.

Link Broken

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Not too far away, now! Looking forward to it!

Not sure whether this has been mentioned before but also taking place that weekend (on the 5th), for anyone interested in Hot Rods and Custom cars, is the Whitby Kustom show at West Cliff Primary School.

Link Broken

Yes not long now, this is our first time at organising a rally, so hope it goes smoothly.
Thanks Castaway for mentioning the hot rods, we saw them last year and well worth a visit.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:thumb:Thanks Weekenders. Just didn't know how many outfits and wigs to bring... along with all the thermals....:Smile: Joy x

semi hemi

Free Member
Sep 26, 2011
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
old transit coachbuilt
Exp
This sounds good,being into hot rods and having built mine i may be interested in coming along.do you pay on the day of is it pre book?
oh and a picc of my hot rod

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 17

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yes not long now, this is our first time at organising a rally, so hope it goes smoothly.

Just make sure our pitch is level and south facing, the grass is short and dry and rolled in nice stripes. You can tell a good organiser by the stripes in their field. Let's have none of this nonsense "Morning prayers at 07:30", 09:30 is plenty early enough, and see that no alcohol is smuggled on site, we must keep to the FUN rules of sober contemplative meets. Lights out by 21:00. Oh what we are going to have.

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
This sounds good,being into hot rods and having built mine i may be interested in coming along.do you pay on the day of is it pre book?
oh and a picc of my hot rod

Hi semi hemi

As you can see from the threads this rally is now full and there is a reserve list which has about 3 or 4 reserves already, Think it will be unlikely that lots will drop out this near to
4th Nov why not have a ride up to Whitby and try some wild camping??

Try again next year (if we do another rally)
Sorry

semi hemi

Free Member
Sep 26, 2011
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
old transit coachbuilt
Exp
Hi semi hemi

As you can see from the threads this rally is now full and there is a reserve list which has about 3 or 4 reserves already, Think it will be unlikely that lots will drop out this near to
4th Nov why not have a ride up to Whitby and try some wild camping??

Try again next year (if we do another rally)
Sorry

ok no probs,i've got friends that trade at the show so maybe i can get on with them somehow,ill get up there one way or another.
thanks anyway

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
We'd love to come, but not booked and dont really know the area.
Next year, maybe.

Lots of daft folk anyway, might feel threatened by daft.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back