Gothic Weekend Rally - Whitby (1 Viewer)

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
As I'm pretty sure I'm going to be working by November can you remove me from the list and bump up anyone of the reserve. Rather let you know now than leave it until the last minute. Was really looking forward to getting the black lipstick out too :Sad:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I can't wait for this one, getting all me goth gear out, taking a days holiday and looking forward to party time..... Going to fall in love with caravanners for lifts in too town too.:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
haven't decided if im bringing the smart or not as its not too far to walk into town also a minibus from a taxi firm may be a not too expensive an option as parking may be a problem.

although thinking about how many of us there are going maybe a not so mini bus may be an option and i think the stop is just across the road:thumb:

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Originally Posted by weekenders
THIS RALLY IS NOW FULL
Just to let you all know, this Whitby Gothic weekend of FUN, is now limited to 25!! motorhomes.
We are upto 28 definates . NO MORE PLEASE

updated list:

Weekenders
Movan
lallymc
Ralph-n-Bev
Dingray
Loujess
canopus36
Upmarkethippy +Bionicpixie
aba
C.L.S
artona
Haganap
Family Guy
Pat & Jan
carl65
Castway
hilldweller
blameofman
andyman
Pat4Neil
Paulus the Woodgnome
Coldstreamer
Smuger
Mikeshelton
M1TCH
The Stig
Yosser Hughes
Shaun & Nikki

RESERVE LIST
Manda3000GT

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
I can't wait for this one, getting all me goth gear out, taking a days holiday and looking forward to party time..... Going to fall in love with caravanners for lifts in too town too.:roflmto:

What's up with your toad Paul?
I have got some bus timetables, and believe there is a bus stop just outside the site, only about 2 miles (if that to walk into town) and like Aba says taxi's should'nt cost too much.
not long now

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Dingray has asked if it's possible to stay over on the sunday night, I have asked Dave's wife (site owner) and she said it would not be a problem, although we have to get back to work, we will be arriving on thursday (hopefully lunch time)

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
THIS RALLY IS NOW FULL
Just to let you all know, this Whitby Gothic weekend of FUN, is now limited to 25!! motorhomes.

updated list:

Weekenders
Movan
lallymc
Ralph-n-Bev
Dingray
Loujess
canopus36
aba
C.L.S
artona
Haganap
Family Guy
Pat & Jan
carl65
Castway
hilldweller
blameofman
andyman
Pat4Neil
Paulus the Woodgnome
Coldstreamer
Smuger
Mikeshelton
M1TCH
The Stig
Yosser Hughes
Shaun & Nikki

RESERVE LIST
Manda3000GT
Roadrunner

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
it sounds like a good weekend please count us in
liz and clive

Hi Littlehouse
I can only put you on the reserve list for now as the rally is limited at 25 and we have 28 at the minute, if a space comes free i will add you to the list, will put you on reserve for now.
thanks, should be a good weekend

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
THIS RALLY IS NOW FULL

updated list:

Weekenders
Movan
lallymc
Ralph-n-Bev
Dingray
Loujess
canopus36
aba
C.L.S
artona
Haganap
Family Guy
Pat & Jan
carl65
Castway
hilldweller
blameofman
andyman
Pat4Neil
Paulus the Woodgnome
Coldstreamer
Smuger
Mikeshelton
M1TCH
The Stig
Yosser Hughes
Shaun & Nikki

RESERVE LIST
Manda3000GT
Roadrunner
Littlehouse

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'll be one more down the list now thanks to my big mouth :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
THIS RALLY IS NOW FULL

updated list:

Weekenders
Movan
lallymc
Ralph-n-Bev
Dingray
Loujess
canopus36
aba
C.L.S
artona
Haganap
Family Guy
Pat & Jan
carl65
Castway
hilldweller
blameofman
andyman
Pat4Neil
Paulus the Woodgnome
Coldstreamer
Smuger
Mikeshelton
M1TCH
The Stig
Yosser Hughes
Shaun & Nikki

RESERVE LIST
Manda3000GT
Roadrunner
Littlehouse
Techno100

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Can you put Jill and I on the reserve list please? Sounds perfect for our first rally. If we don't get in may pop along from Redcar to say hello anyway.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Weekenders, is there another site within walking distance for those that cannot fit on this one? Or would they still not be allowed on the Goth part? Joy

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
THIS RALLY IS NOW FULL

updated list:

Weekenders
Movan
lallymc
Ralph-n-Bev
Dingray
Loujess
canopus36
aba
C.L.S
artona
Haganap
Family Guy
Pat & Jan
carl65
Castway
hilldweller
blameofman
andyman
Pat4Neil
Paulus the Woodgnome
Coldstreamer
Smuger
Mikeshelton
M1TCH
The Stig
Yosser Hughes
Shaun & Nikki

RESERVE LIST
Manda3000GT
Roadrunner
Littlehouse
Techno100
Touchwood

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Weekenders, is there another site within walking distance for those that cannot fit on this one? Or would they still not be allowed on the Goth part? Joy

Not sure of any other sites as near to town, I think there is one somewhere behind the Abbey up on the hill, but not sure what it is called.
If you wanted to go on that site you can still go into the town of Whitby as the atmosphere is awsome, let me know if you still want to be on the list as there are reserves waiting.
Most say that it's not that far into Town about 2 miles if that.

littlehouse

Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
count us in

please put us down for this wekend it will be our first meet looking forward to meeting everyone Liz and Clive (littlehouse):Smile::Smile:
::bigsmile:riving2:
I was thinking about arranging a rally for the Goth weekend which this year is 4th - 6th November.
We stayed at this site which is just 1 mile out of Whitby and is a nice walk into town, or a bike ride or maybe a taxi ride, the site is Broadings Farm, Guisborough Road, Whitby, North Yorkshire YO21 1TL. Tel 01947 601542

I have spoke to David tonight and he has a rally field which could accomodate quite a few motorhomes, @ £7 per night. Generators I am sure will be allowed.(will check)
The Rally field has clean water, waste water and elsan point, no other facilities are available to the rally field

He also has a tent field and a hard standing field with electric but he cannot let us have the electric hardstanding for a rally.
He has got some other people interested in a rally so could be quite a lot of people on site

If you have never been to Whitby for goth weekend you don't know what your missing, it's a great atmosphere with people dressed up in their costumes in the day and by night, the Abbey has entertainment on in the evening as well, and aso have the best fish & chips around.

If interested in the meet please let me know and will arrange with the owner.
Thanks
Bob & Val

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You do realise that 3 people have to cancel before you get off the reserve list?

AND if the last official list is correct then 3 of the 28 have to cancel before any reserves come in .

Clarification pleez?

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp

There is some wild camping in Whitby on the harbour that we have used. There is also other sites but many will be booked very quickly if not already. I am aware of a few funsters that have booked direct with the site itself.

I am convinced that is because they want to see my Goth boots and my wig black make up and general misbehaving, and I kid you not.....:Blush:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I wouldn't rely on being able to "wild" camp at the harbour that weekend. The town gets rammed with vehicles and if there is any weekend that the harbour car park TRO is going to be enforced that is it.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
There is some wild camping in Whitby on the harbour that we have used. There is also other sites but many will be booked very quickly if not already. I am aware of a few funsters that have booked direct with the site itself.

I am convinced that is because they want to see my Goth boots and my wig black make up and general misbehaving, and I kid you not.....:Blush:

i would think that any wilding spots will either be full or out of bounds for the goth weekend as its one of the busiest times of the year

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I wouldn't rely on being able to "wild" camp at the harbour that weekend. The town gets rammed with vehicles and if there is any weekend that the harbour car park TRO is going to be enforced that is it.

i would think that any wilding spots will either be full or out of bounds for the goth weekend as its one of the busiest times of the year

no quite, the best option would be for a site, but, there are wild campig opportunities available if you want to take you rchance, and one of the posters is only 10 mins up the road.:thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We stayed at Whitby Holiday Park on the top of the hill, behind the Abbey, in August. It was a lovely 20 min walk down the 199 steps into the town, although I don't know what November will be like. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back