Good source for Fiamma cycle rack spares? (1 Viewer)

May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Yosemite
Exp
Since summer 2019
Hi. Does anyone know of a good UK source for Fiamma cycle rack spares? The fastener that holds one of the ‘arms’ to the main part of my bike rack has just pulled the bolt through the plastic of the fastener. Very hard to track down on the websites that I have searched so far. Thanks!

IMG_8199.jpeg IMG_8200.jpeg

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Mine was even dafter, I leave the handbrake off our van when it's parked up on it's dedicated parking pad. Since being there it's depressed the ground slightly where the wheels habitually sit. Before leaving for France I loaded the bikes the night before, and then eased her back onto it's parking area, AND remembered the van was now a bit longer, locked up, put on the steering wheel, seat, and clutch claw deadlocks and went to bed. Overnight, the van rolled backwards and resumed it's normal parking grooves on it's parking pad, rolling back till the fence, and bike rest stopped it's progress, :frowny: didn't even notice what had happened till we were in France, one shot squarely through me own foot there ::bigsmile:.
We did get some damage to the van in France, but were amazingly lucky. Whilst negotiating the big river crossing bridge in Rouen as we were entering the roundabout on the south side I was aware a large tipper lorry was squeezing me further and further over towards the temporary concrete lane dividers. I had nowhere to go, and then there was this terrible grating sound as the inevitable happened and I made contact with said concrete wall. The lorry turned off before me, and was gone. I was to scared to get out and look at the damage,instead deciding to push on and look later. When we reached our first Air'e at Nonancourt and I couldn't put off the moment any longer. Mrs BBF in tow we walked to rear end to face the truth. Well we looked, and looked, and for the life of us could find no damage 🤷‍♂️. I gave it no more thought, and the light was failing fast.
The next morning in better light, I re-looked, and now could see the damage, I had literally taken the paint of the ply section that makes up the garage floor to wall joint, and a tiny scrape in under side of bumper/ light cluster holder.
I can only attribute this stroke of luck too adding an extra couple of PSI to the rear air bags before we left home to compensate for the full load on board, doing this must have almost lifted the @rse end clear of the concrete sections,but from the noise I was expecting to find half the back end dragging on the floor.
Mike

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sixty-nine Chevy
May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Yosemite
Exp
Since summer 2019
Thanks to all for the suggestions. Looks like the broken bit is not available by itself, but I will have to buy a whole new 'arm'.

Upvote 0

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Whats on the other end of the picture you put up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Just looked at your picture again. Could you araldite a washer, with the hole slightly bigger than the bolt, on the back of it, then araldite the bolt head to the washer?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sixty-nine Chevy
May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Yosemite
Exp
Since summer 2019
Just looked at your picture again. Could you araldite a washer, with the hole slightly bigger than the bolt, on the back of it, then araldite the bolt head to the washer?
Yep, I was thinking along those lines myself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2008
Wetherby
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Carcompact
Exp
I've got these for sale if you're interested - I've sent a private message.

Deno

IMG_0367.jpeg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back