Good price - Pre-loaded Three sims with unlimited calls, texts & data (1 Viewer)

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
I'll use 12GB a day easy. I need a contract with true unlimited not fair use of around 20-25GB a month. One HD film on Netflix is around 3GB, if you want it in 4K that'll eat 7GB. Smart TV's and Firesticks eat data.

I'd much rather pay Vodafone £32 a month for true unlimited and zero Euro roaming charges rather than scour the internet for a dubious deal.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I’m a bit confused with all the different simms etc. So some help if you would be so kind.

Im with EE as it is the best signal where I live, unlimited texts and calls and 10 gb of data, which I can use in Europe, for about £6.50 per month, normally this is sufficient for my needs unless I’m on a 4/6 week jaunt in the van when I usually need more data. I haven’t used my mifi, apart from when in Morocco, since I’ve had EU roaming. However, it pees me off that when I run short of data (maybe 3 times a year) EE want £15 for an extra 5gb. So, for the occasional need for extra data what’s the best option? Or should I be thinking of getting an unlimited data simm for my Netgear mifi and stream tv (which I’ve never done before as I just watch whatever I can get on the satellite) when in the Motorhome.

I have BT Broadband at home, do people use these unlimited simms for broadband, I’m a philistine when it comes to all this, I don’t think I want to change the simm in my iPhone as I’d have to start porting numbers, I would rather keep my phone number. Would buying another phone be a solution and tether to it or just start reusing the mifi and if I need a sim, which one would be best for me? I’ve tried to find the book “Sims for dummies” but it’s not available:giggle:

All advice more than welcome, cheers, Simon(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
well in for a penny.........

i've just ordered a Vodaphone sim, £109 for 3 years after Minxy's Mel discount, so thank you very much

i'll shove it in the Motorhome Wifi router and let you know what happens

does it have to be activated in an phone first does anyone know

cheers

Al
I just ordered the 3 network one for 90 quid, missed the minxy Mel discount though, how much is it and how did you get it ?
Let's hope it's a genuine deal 🙏

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Just message him back and say you are in th club and minxy has referred you

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I just ordered the 3 network one for 90 quid, missed the minxy Mel discount though, how much is it and how did you get it ?
Let's hope it's a genuine deal 🙏
I just quoted “minxysellinggirl”

he then m sent me a link with a discounted price on, very easy and simple

I just hope it’s works as my Smarty unlimited sim would cost £576 over 36 months so quite a saving

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
RM_Marine & Minxy
Vodafone Sim arrived in post this morning, earlier than expected which was a good start.

Have tried in mobile handset and all is working IE calls and data. Also working as a data SIM in my Teltonika RUT240 without any need for faffing about with APN settings.

All good so far👍
Above post from me in February. I've been running the Vodafone SIM in my Teltonika RUT240 constantly and have experienced no problems to date, although use has been limited to the UK as not venturing to Europe until August due to unforeseen surgical operation.

Tried to kill data download and it took 2 mobiles, 2 Android tablets and 3 smart TV's all running YouTube content before buffering kicked in so happy with Vodafone carrier signal.

Looking to buying another Vodafone SIM from the eBay seller to replace BT broadband contract due to terminate in July.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I just quoted “minxysellinggirl”

he then m sent me a link with a discounted price on, very easy and simple

I just hope it’s works as my Smarty unlimited sim would cost £576 over 36 months so quite a saving
How much was the discount ?
Probably too late for me I already ordered ☹️

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How much was the discount ?
Probably too late for me I already ordered ☹️
Just send him a message as he's retrospectively given the discount previously.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Do you lot know what's really stupid ... yes really, really stupid ... I never thought to get one 'early' for myself!

My contract with Vodafone (100gb, unlimited calls & texts) ends mid-June so when I saw this earlier in the year it never dawned on me to consider getting one for myself even though it was sooner than I needed.

Of course now the prices have gone up so I'm kicking myself for not getting one when they were cheaper! :doh:

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Do you lot know what's really stupid ... yes really, really stupid ... I never thought to get one 'early' for myself!

My contract with Vodafone (100gb, unlimited calls & texts) ends mid-June so when I saw this earlier in the year it never dawned on me to consider getting one for myself even though it was sooner than I needed.

Of course now the prices have gone up so I'm kicking myself for not getting one when they were cheaper! :doh:
He's still got them, I only ordered mine this evening.
I just hope they're genuine, seems too good to be true ?

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Thanks for the answers, not :giggle::rolleyes:
A 3 yr unlimited data, calls and text sim in my router I use in the van that I now use in the house

£75 for 3yr, I got mine when this offer first came out and risked it and its paid off

Attachments

• 16524790788171653880676296658793.jpg
    16524790788171653880676296658793.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I’m a bit confused with all the different simms etc. So some help if you would be so kind.

Im with EE as it is the best signal where I live, unlimited texts and calls and 10 gb of data, which I can use in Europe, for about £6.50 per month, normally this is sufficient for my needs unless I’m on a 4/6 week jaunt in the van when I usually need more data. I haven’t used my mifi, apart from when in Morocco, since I’ve had EU roaming. However, it pees me off that when I run short of data (maybe 3 times a year) EE want £15 for an extra 5gb. So, for the occasional need for extra data what’s the best option? Or should I be thinking of getting an unlimited data simm for my Netgear mifi and stream tv (which I’ve never done before as I just watch whatever I can get on the satellite) when in the Motorhome.
If you want a low cost sim look at ID mobile via mobiles.co.uk for their deals.

I have BT Broadband at home, do people use these unlimited simms for broadband, I’m a philistine when it comes to all this, I don’t think I want to change the simm in my iPhone as I’d have to start porting numbers, I would rather keep my phone number. Would buying another phone be a solution and tether to it or just start reusing the mifi and if I need a sim, which one would be best for me? I’ve tried to find the book “Sims for dummies” but it’s not available:giggle:

All advice more than welcome, cheers, Simon(y)
Difficult to answer as to what is best for you. We don't have land based broadband, we just use our phones and create a hotspot which we link our laptop, PC etc to. We've done this for years although at first it was via a MIFI as that was all that was on offer at the time at a sensible cost but nowadays the world is your lobster (subject to roaming costs of course!:giggle:). As my phone is dual sim when my Three sim contract ended I had it switched to a PAYG one thus keeping the original number then got a new contract sim with Vodafone which I use to make calls, text and for data - my original Three number will still receive calls etc but I use the new one for making calls etc so it doesn't cost me any more.

As you already have a MIFI obviously you can use that but you won't be able to make calls on it so you'd still need a new contract (or PAYG) for your existing number so would end up paying twice, better IMV to get a new contract sim for your iPhone and port your existing number then just use that for calls, texts and data, creating a hotspot (tethering) for your pc etc.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Thanks for that Minxy, can I not port my number to one of the unlimited minutes, texts and data sim jobbies? Or amI being thick now.:unsure:

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999

I got the same deal as recommended by you on voda 2 years ago which also runs out in June so I will start looking , I'm in Germany till 20.06 and my contract finishes on the 19 th so watching this thread but I am hammering my 100 gig while I can

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I got the same deal as recommended by you on voda 2 years ago which also runs out in June so I will start looking
A good few of us signed up for that deal, which was cracking if you jumped through the cashback hoops. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks for that Minxy, can I not port my number to one of the unlimited minutes, texts and data sim jobbies? Or amI being thick now.:unsure:
Yes you can, as it's not from your current provider (EE) according to a previous post it should take 3-7 days:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Our Vodafone sim has arrived from the Ebay seller in a plain envelope and card, without any of the usual info you get with a Vodafone sim. I can't even find the phone number for it, but not had a chance to put it into a device as yet.

Cheers,

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Question for anyone

my vodaphone sim is on its way, do I have to activate it immediately and do I have to activate it in a phone first or can it go straight into my mifi router

It’s a pity our existing voda contracts don’t end until Oct/Nov or i’d have another 2 for ours phones

They are Voda sim only contracts at £21 a month each, is their a penalty for early cancellation does anyone know

cheers

Al

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
I put the Vodafone SIM into my phone first to ensure it was registered onto the network and so I could see the mobile number. All worked as it should.

Then put the SIM into my Teltonika RUT240 router although, as posted on another thread, I had to do a software change to a previous version, but that was down to the router not the SIM. Has worked in the router faultlessly since February 👍

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Question for anyone

my vodaphone sim is on its way, do I have to activate it immediately and do I have to activate it in a phone first or can it go straight into my mifi router
AFAIK: yes to using it immediately as it will start 'counting down' the months pretty much straight away and yes to putting it in a phone first as you often get texts etc on initial activation.

It’s a pity our existing voda contracts don’t end until Oct/Nov or i’d have another 2 for ours phones

They are Voda sim only contracts at £21 a month each, is their a penalty for early cancellation does anyone know
Yes - you'd still have to pay for the remainder of the contract plus a disconnection fee which is just under £20.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
For those like myself who chose the Vodafone sim card, you need to be aware of the following.

"Thank you for your reply

At the moment we not porting any Numbers right now with Vodafone this service is on hold.. we are negotiating a new deal with Vodafone, as soon as the deal come through we start porting also the new sim price will around £250 per sim for the 3 years."

Now this isn't a problem.for me, as the sim is in our MiFi, but I shan't be ordering one of the current batch for my phone, if I can't port my number over.

Even at £250 for 3 x years for the newer sim, that still works out at only £6.94 a month, plus you get to port your number over.

Cheers,

rammygb

Free Member
Sep 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Just browsing on Ebay for sim offers and came across a couple which might interest funsters, I clarified the requirements for using them so can confirm the below is correct:
  • They give unlimited calls, texts & data in the UK and limited data (12gb pcm) in the EU.
  • They don't get activated immediately - eg the 24 months starts counting as soon as you insert it into a phone and start using it however you must do this within 60 days from when you receive the sim.
The cost depends on the duration you want the sim for (could be less £ - see bottom of post):

£45 + £2.50 P&P is for 12 months from activation​
£50 + £2.50 P&P is for 24 months from activation​
£70 +£1.29 P&P is for 36 months from activation​

It would be good option for those who don't want to have a monthly contract or want to have the benefit of unlimited stuff at a much lower cost than you can get it from otherwise, they even work out cheaper than cashback site ones!

I messaged the buyer for more info and also mentioned that I was going to put it on the forum as some of you may be interested and he's come back with the below:

Tell your friend when they are making the purchase they should drop a short note with a reference to: minxysellinggirl so we know the transaction is from your recommendation, we then send them a cashback/discount also reward to you.
I wasn't asking for this but it's good of them to do this.
I have a sim only from three unlimited data ,calls and txt £15 per month and I now tether off my phone for tv and iPad high recommended

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have a sim only from three unlimited data ,calls and txt £15 per month and I now tether off my phone for tv and iPad high recommended
What about roaming though?

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Question for the experienced funsters

so my vodaphone sim arrived about an hour ago, i installed it in my older iphone and bingo it works perfectly so great result

Do i simply install it in my Huwaiwe, huwwoowoo, huweege, err! router and just use the same wifi password and everything like I did with the Smarty sim

I seem to remember the Smarty one came with some no's of sorts that i had to input somewhere

cheers and i now have 2 phones, why have i got 2 phones?, is one now a burner phone when i'm in stealth mode :love:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back