bentripper

Free Member
Mar 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
hope to buy soon
Exp
several years
Hi, I am looking for a Globecar Campscout or Globestar Revolution - I need 4 beds that don't need dismantling every day and space to deal with canoe/climbing/mountain biking/road cycling gear. I will augment the vehicle as soon as I get it with extra solar, leisure batts etc for off-grid use. I'm interested in any advice, pointers, recommendations that folk can share. This might be to add sockets, recommend a different workshop for augmentation, specific dealers to use. I have seen a new option at SMC but I am up in Scotland, although this isnt necessarily a problem, and would prefer to buy 2nd hand. If anyone is selling 2nd hand, or thinking of selling, I am interested...

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Ben have a look here loads of info, type Globecar Modifications in the search box.
John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi Ben and welcome.
We bought a new Campscout from Highland Campervan last year. They normally have a few Globecars in stock and I think they have some in their rental fleet. Even if they don't have any Revolutions, you could get a feel for the Globecars. All the models have a similar feel.
As John says, there is a huge amount of info on the Globecar threads. Don't be put off by all the mods some folks do. The base van is great, folks just can't help themselves;).
Sue

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi, I am looking for a Globecar Campscout or Globestar Revolution - I need 4 beds that don't need dismantling every day and space to deal with canoe/climbing/mountain biking/road cycling gear. I will augment the vehicle as soon as I get it with extra solar, leisure batts etc for off-grid use. I'm interested in any advice, pointers, recommendations that folk can share. This might be to add sockets, recommend a different workshop for augmentation, specific dealers to use. I have seen a new option at SMC but I am up in Scotland, although this isnt necessarily a problem, and would prefer to buy 2nd hand. If anyone is selling 2nd hand, or thinking of selling, I am interested...
With those requirements, you need to get one on the maxi chassis that can be uprated over 3500 kg and check you have your C1 category on driving licence too.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
The Campscout has 2 fixed beds plus one that needs dismantling.
You need the Revolution. There’s also a pop top option for 2 more beds with some models.

OP
OP
B

bentripper

Free Member
Mar 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
hope to buy soon
Exp
several years
The Campscout has 2 fixed beds plus one that needs dismantling.
You need the Revolution. There’s also a pop top option for 2 more beds with some models.

Yes, I didn't write that very well. I am looking at the Campscout Revolution and the Globestar Revolution, the latter being just under the magic 6m mark. I currently drive a VW California with a poptop but its a faff removing canoes etc before popping the top. Love the Globecar poptop options but avoiding it for now for the same reason. So you are right, the Revolution is the way forward. I've got a quote for improving the payload to 3850kg which should be enough. The Globestar can take 605kg including ~150kg of fuel, water, a person etc. Probably can take 200kg off the 605kg with awning, full fuel tank, full water etc, another 150kg in wife & kids, leaving 250kg for bikes and gear. So the extra 350kg should cover us nicely.

OP
OP
B

bentripper

Free Member
Mar 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
hope to buy soon
Exp
several years
Hi Ben and welcome.
We bought a new Campscout from Highland Campervan last year. They normally have a few Globecars in stock and I think they have some in their rental fleet. Even if they don't have any Revolutions, you could get a feel for the Globecars. All the models have a similar feel.
As John says, there is a huge amount of info on the Globecar threads. Don't be put off by all the mods some folks do. The base van is great, folks just can't help themselves;).
Sue

Thanks Sue, and everyone else for their notes.

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Yes, I didn't write that very well. I am looking at the Campscout Revolution and the Globestar Revolution, the latter being just under the magic 6m mark. I currently drive a VW California with a poptop but its a faff removing canoes etc before popping the top. Love the Globecar poptop options but avoiding it for now for the same reason. So you are right, the Revolution is the way forward. I've got a quote for improving the payload to 3850kg which should be enough. The Globestar can take 605kg including ~150kg of fuel, water, a person etc. Probably can take 200kg off the 605kg with awning, full fuel tank, full water etc, another 150kg in wife & kids, leaving 250kg for bikes and gear. So the extra 350kg should cover us nicely.
Make sure you check out threads on John Ruffles for GVW uprate if you want to save a few quid.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The Campscout Revolution will be on the Fiat Maxi heavy chassis so you can go up to 4500kg with that, the 3850kg is for the Maxi light chassis so make sure you check exactly what chassis each is on as the Maxi heavy is much better (discs all round, 16" wheels etc). I suspect with all your kit you might need the extra storage you get with the Campscout. Also you'll need to fit a ladder to the rear too in order to access the very high roof of the Revolution models ... unless you're built like a giant!

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Not many second hand ones come up in the uk
If you are up for importing LHD there are always some on the German Autotrader site
Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back