Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
This is the baby in the Globecar range.

Has anybody got one?. If you have any feedback would be welcome, especially about the storage space for two people when out on the road for 10 days or so.

Thanks

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
Can't really help. We have a campscout, 6.3m but the quality of build is great. Im sure the same could be said for the roadscout.

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Thanks

Where did you buy yours from?

I see that you are in the Isle of man did that cause problems with servicing etc?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

David England

Free Member
Aug 20, 2017
West Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout R
Exp
4 years in a homebuilt and 2 in the Roadscout
hi Ronidog1 I've had one for over 2 years now, best thing I ever bought.
Just the 2 of us in it but no problems. We do a mixture of camping, from music festivals to 4 months away last year taking in most of Europe.
The design is amazing, full sized double fixed bed, shower room bigger than most coach built, and small enough to fit in a supermarket parking space. The under bed storage takes everything we carry, chairs, tables, solar panel, and up to 12 X 9 litre "Really useful Boxs" for all the bits and pieces.

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
Sorry taking so long to reply. Missed your question. The servicing has not been too difficult, we just arrange the annual service on our way out on holiday. Nothing has gone wrong which needs any real attention.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Same as @David England we use the garage for ramps, chairs, table etc and the lockers for the everyday stuff. We've been adding to the payload since March but still have a lot of packing out bubble wrap in some cupboards and the overhead cubby. It's easily upgradeable to 3500 by JR should you wish to. £150 paper exercise (y) :)

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Hi, we have a Globecar globestar. 6m long with a transverse double bed , not fixed, so no garage. However we have masses of storage, more than enough for two of us and a dog (need to carry all her food with us) to travel in Europe in the early spring for 8 weeks.
Build quality is tremendous.
Ours is plated 3500k but our V5 listed it as 3300k. Quick letter to DVLA changed the V5 to match the engine plate at no cost.
The new Globecars all look tremendous - go for it and enjoy your travels.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks for all your contributions . That has been really helpful

Ronidog

I saw the Globecar Range for the first time at SMC a few weeks ago and I've got to admit that I was really impressed with the layouts and the build quality.

Very nice vans indeed.

All the best, (and good luck with your van selection),

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back