LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Having trawled through most of the threads on this site about setting up and using your MH, it has only occurred to me having read the thread about the hybrid Motorhomers.
I have read about hoses - long ones, short ones, flat ones, garden ones and food grade ones, and I also get the watering can or jerry can filler uppers. But as I will mainly use the New Forest sites, which those who use them will know, are very very uneven and a rough ride. I can fill up water via food grade hose when we arrive, but I think it will be a right pain to pack up, stow the gear and dogs lash everything down to run the gauntlet of the forest site ground - and possibly loose my space just to fill up again. An aqua roll or Water hog as I have for the folding camper, would prevent the 20 trips with a watering can as it holds 60 litres, but the question is; How do you transfer the water from an aqua roll to the holding tank if motorhomes do not use external pumps like caravaners or folding campers do?

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Again many thanks to you all. I think the major advice I have gleened from all those on this site is to use the unit for a while, see how long gas, water, batteries etc lasts and how we use the MH, then look at all the advice given for each heading and see which solution suits us best.

Again thanks to you all. I have been given a date of 12 Dec. :clap:, but then had the caveat we are at the mercy of the shipping company.:rollingeyes:

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Am I missing something here? What are you doing with the waste water whilst you keep filling the fresh water tank up, surely you have to go to the service point to dump it?

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Am I missing something here? What are you doing with the waste water whilst you keep filling the fresh water tank up, surely you have to go to the service point to dump it?
You do indeed. I use collapsible buckets, one for clean water and one for waste. Finding a pitch near the tap/drain is the trick. It avoids lots of walking. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

as @DBK said..

or if you have the space, I have the brother of the Miss Aquaroll..

Waste-Master.. the it also double up as cassette trolley .. casette sits on the top, held on by the bungy cords..

I prefer pitches away from dump points..

38ltr-wastemaster.jpg

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
One of the reasons we wanted to move to a motorhome was to get away from this looks like I better keep the waste master lol

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
One of the reasons we wanted to move to a motorhome was to get away from this looks like I better keep the waste master lol

you can take the tugger out of the caravan..

once a tugger.. always a tugger.. ;)

people who move every other day do not need water barrels and waste hogs.. but when you are on a site or rally field for a few days and miles from facilities.. great..

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
?? So you only have a 3 Litre Watering Can ? Take a 10 litre Watering can, and each morning, take the dog for a stroll, or visit the Facilities, and on your way back, go via the Tap. Chat to the others collecting water, smile. It's not a chore, you don't need to keep the tank chock full, just fill one can each day, or two if you like a lot of water in your Whiskey It's easy.
That's what we do. Except instead of a watering can we always keep a couple of those large plastic water bottles the supermarkets sell. The van holds 100 L so I just make sure the hot water boiler is full too, then top up every cupola of days or so. Water spoils the whisky though! I assume you like Irish whiskey? Malt? Gary

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We have a small folding trolley which carries toilet cassette to empty-I carry an empty 10ltr container in my hand. Empty cassette-carry in hand.
Fill water container -put on trolly. Simples (y)(y)(y)

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have a small folding trolley which carries toilet cassette to empty-I carry an empty 10ltr container in my hand. Empty cassette-carry in hand.
Fill water container -put on trolly. Simples (y)(y)(y)
Interesting, I only empty the loo after filling with fresh water, which I do first, then grey waste then last of all the cassette. Then wash hands! :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back