Getting rid of Mildew (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2018
Old Basing, Basingstoke, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285
Just thought I would share this with you guys.

Bit of History. I up to recently had a sail boat in Emsworth on the south coast, near Hayling Island.

Each year when the sailing season ended the boat was lifted out of her berth for the winter lay-up and placed on hard standing and open to all the elements.

Needles to say being open to rain, wind, ice and snow attracted some of out less welcome green growth.

A solution that I found very effective at the end of the season and indeed start of the new season was to give all the areas that seemed perceptible to algae and mould a coat of biocide in the guise of Boracol.

At the start of the new season just hose down the boat or motorhome and away you go.

Just follow the detailed instructions. Personally once applied I left it on.

It is expensive but worth it.

Buy it at
ACS (Advanced Chemical Specialties Limited)
9 Bofors Park
Artillery Road
Yeovil, Somerset BA22 8YH
www.acslimited.co.uk
info@acslimited.co.uk

Hope this helps

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Any antibacterial liquid soap used with a small brush is good for removing and keeping at bay the green stuff which can accumulate around windows and in the runners etc.

OP
OP
Tony52
Jan 18, 2018
Old Basing, Basingstoke, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285
Any antibacterial liquid soap used with a small brush is good for removing and keeping at bay the green stuff which can accumulate around windows and in the runners etc.
Yes, I’m sure there are lots of other products out there. This what I have used in the past and found it very effective.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Yes, I’m sure there are lots of other products out there. This what I have used in the past and found it very effective.

We've used Boracol on one of the garage walls in a house we previously owned, worked a treat. I bought a 75L vat of the stuff at the time and still use a diluted solution on the patio in a pump spray.

Borax mixed with PVA glue is a great way to get young teenagers interested in chemistry, it creates a very manipulative polymerised slime... but wash your hands after.

Never used it on the van though I may give it a go on rear wheel cover to see how it goes as it's more for the treatment of dry rot and woodworm.

Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
Trailer tent for 10 years Motorhome since 2018
Hi, I've used normal household bleach mixed 50/50 with water and applied with paint brush. This cleaned the green stuff from the black plastic mirror surrounds and window rubbers on the wife's Rav 4 a treat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back