Get Gas in new Van (1 Viewer)

Mar 25, 2015
Up North UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
New 2015
Hi all and thanks for a great forum. Near to collecting panel van, German manufacturer in Fiat Ducato with space for two 11kg cylinders or two times anything up to 330 diameter and 600 tall. Hope to go for refillable system with adapters as expect travel abroad. Locker is inside but easy to reach through van rear door. Don't want to go punching holes in the new panels. Understand by law I can have two cylinders up to 16kg with that arrangement for storage if locker sealed and vented correctly. Van has compressor only fridge, Truma combined hot water and blown air system and a gas hob. No idea what gas consumption our not yet know living style will create. Also fancy including a take off for external barbecue. Van might be used for winter holidays later in life. Thinking to start with single tank and add another if required later. Two adult occupancy mostly but space for two budies if required. What do those who went before suggest for a system to buy and fit myself?

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi MFTAC and welcome to the Fun!:welc::party:

You'll probably get more replies if you post your query
in this forum:

Broken Link Removed

(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Start with a single bottle & see how you get on, easy to add a second. Gas-it are a bit cheaper than Gaslow, but if weight is an issue the Alugas aluminum bottles are good.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have a built in cylinder which holds around 12kg and it lasts us 6 to 8 weeks of cooking and fridge use. However, our heating system is diesel, a gas heater will of course increase consumption. This might give you an idea how many cylinders to get.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back