Germany now requires quarantine or testing. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

buttons

Free Member
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

SHABBINS

Free Member
May 4, 2018
sheffield
Funster No
MH
IH RD600
Exp
looks like another country off the list!

We were off again there in 2 weeks, looks like the costa del front garden will be visited again.
It doesn’t quite work like that.
Currently following a chap who is travelling to Greece. He entered Germany last week and had a test. Waited 3 days without moving from the car park for the result on his phone, no result available so he continued his journey. Could not get any answers from any help line, or the app. He is currently in Italy 12 days later and still no results. The German system either doesn’t work or they only contact positive cases.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It doesn’t quite work like that.
Currently following a chap who is travelling to Greece. He entered Germany last week and had a test. Waited 3 days without moving from the car park for the result on his phone, no result available so he continued his journey. Could not get any answers from any help line, or the app. He is currently in Italy 12 days later and still no results. The German system either doesn’t work or they only contact positive cases.
Must be Tam,,Northernraider,,BUSBY.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Hmmm.. My planned 4 week snowboarding trip driving to Austria via Germany (last 2 weeks in November, first 2 weeks in December) is looking even less likely...... Bugger!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
The other issue is local rules. Hotels can reject bookings or turn people away if they do not have a safe home address. We were initially told by a campsite 10 days ago that they regrettably could not accept our booking as England was high risk. I pointed out that it was only NW England on the RKI website, they relented. In June we were staying in a hotel near Morelo. It was around the time of the German meat packing outbreak. They told me they had been instructed to refuse all bookings from certain German postcodes. He had to call a family already in their car travelling to tell them he could not accept them.
So be careful out there! We are in Aachen just now on the Tunnel tomorrow!

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
The other issue is local rules. Hotels can reject bookings or turn people away if they do not have a safe home address. We were initially told by a campsite 10 days ago that they regrettably could not accept our booking as England was high risk. I pointed out that it was only NW England on the RKI website, they relented. In June we were staying in a hotel near Morelo. It was around the time of the German meat packing outbreak. They told me they had been instructed to refuse all bookings from certain German postcodes. He had to call a family already in their car travelling to tell them he could not accept them.
So be careful out there! We are in Aachen just now on the Tunnel tomorrow!
Where are you staying in Aachen Michael?

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Hmmm.. My planned 4 week snowboarding trip driving to Austria via Germany (last 2 weeks in November, first 2 weeks in December) is looking even less likely...... Bugger!
Surely you can transit Germany Without quarantine, it’s Austria that wants a test or 10 day quarantine if you stay there. If you transit within 24 hrs no q. This was the case few weeks ago.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
It’s gone!!😢
Exp
4 years….
Hotel-Restaurant Zur Heide GmbH Co
CC 7733
Just had a great supper and free to stay in their car park. Get here early afternoon before hotel and dinner guests fill the car park. Nice people.

Sounds good will make a note of that👍
Site we stayed on was good but no restaurant nearby.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Surely you can transit Germany Without quarantine, it’s Austria that wants a test or 10 day quarantine if you stay there. If you transit within 24 hrs no q. This was the case few weeks ago.

Yep, that's true....but.....

........ I haven't been allowed to travel outside of my local authority area since the 28th September and tomorrow (23rd October) a 17 day lockdown starts for the whole country (Wales)

Plus, there is no knowing what restrictions will be in force after the lockdown ends.........but as per usual, I just keep smiling through

Stay safe people & just as important important: keep smiling🙂

PS Common sense says not to travel, so unless things dramatically change, I ain't going. I don't think this pandemic is the time to say "Let's see how we can bend and twist the rules to so we can selfishly use our boxes on wheels"

Remember - it's only motorhoming

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Michael sorry didn't know you were in Germany would ha e made contact, we' ve been here a week so far, currently at Andernach, no hassle so far. Hope you have a good trip back.
Jon
Hi Jon,
Yes we were there for nearly 2 weeks after escaping from Italy and Sicily early. Now just entering France for the tunnel later. I planned to avoid the risk of Germany being added to the list yesterday but that didn't happen.
Sorry to have missed you we could have stayed longer!
Have a safe trip.
Michael

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back