Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Hi All

I bought a 2nd hand gaslow bottle last year and all was ok but the gauge has never worked its not a huge problem but thought I would replace it just so I know how much I have in the bottle as I was away for 14 nights in the summer using my cadac morning and night nearly every day so on the way home thought I would fill up with gas pulled up and managed to get a whopping £1.80 in which filled me up :oops:

Any way the gauge is just a clip on gauge that does not run through the pipe so I am baffled as to how it know whats in the bottle can anyone explain how these work as gaslow say they can replace for £7.25 like for like

please see pic below of my clip on gaige

thumbnail_20170826_174719.jpg

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Think it's a float inside the bottle that moves a magnet in the neck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
can anyone look on the gaslow website here http://www.gaslowdirect.com/ and recommend a better more accurate gauge I could fit instead ( I just use a single bottle dont want to use 2 bottles)

Cheers

LB

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The only accurate way is to weigh the bottle as the bottle pressure is just relative to temperature until the last bit of liquid has evaporated.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Didn't someone work out roughly what you use in a day and what it was used for i.e. for cooking heating etc?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I don't think there is much option with those Gaslow bottles. They only did that meter or a similarly useless pressure related one which when on the gas pipe.

You can get an ultrasonic gizmo which you run up and down the bottle until it bleeps and that marks the liquid gas level. They sort of work. I could certainly tell if the bottle was full/half/empty.

The newer bottles and other makes use a connected float to make the built in gauge more accurate. But that doesn't help you with this one. Sorry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back