• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

PART EXCHANGE Gaslow cylinder 11kg - test date 2027 (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hi I have a gaslow cylinder test date due 2027 - its a 15 year test interval as opposed to the newer 10 year test intervals. you can buy the 'T' fitting to turn it into a number 2 cylinder if necessary. I am looking to sell or exchange for something I might find useful for the motorhome (swift bolero 2008). no idea what I want in exchange but I already have 19" avtex -might consider larger tv with in built sat/dvd, inverter, b2b , sat nav, cadac(s) etc, so don't need any of those.

I don't have a tow bar (though I have a scooter rack I want to remove) and I don't have solar panels

I am willing to consider part ex against most things I don't have !!! you don't know what you need until you realise you don't have one …..

I will also consider offers off anyone looking to buy !
20190505_112500.jpg
20190505_112519.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I will consider offers of anyone looking to buy (the advert states lol) its listed on ebay as £85 starting price …..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
and its now received a bid at that price

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
and its now received a bid at that price
problem with selling gas cylinders on ebay is the number of idiots that bid without understanding you can not courier a used gas cylinder especially an empty one

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
not everyone who bids is an idiot …. I hope ...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
not everyone who bids is an idiot …. I hope ...
oh I agree, but experience reminds me that ebay has more village idiots than most, only beaten by facebook

selling an old stained glass window and 2 people asked if I would post it

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
And will you ?

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
£85+ that i think is a good price for seller considering you can buy brand new for £150 delivered hassle free and guaranteed

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Yes. Ive seen brand new ones for around £165 that have 10 year test dates. This one has 8 years left but then its 15 years before testing again. So a saving of around £80 on initial purchase. £80 in your pocket or theirs?

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Personally for just a bottle at £150 delivered i'd buy new in the knowledge that it has a guarantee and there is no wear on the valves - and also no-one knows the cost of test on them anyway not sure if they have started doing them yet - but realistically i'd put value of yours at £50 - £60 tops people still have to collect - you have had 7 years use out of it and it will of paid for itself multiple times but that is how i look at them - but well done getting a bid at that price

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
so you don't want to buy it?

- do you always post on peoples adverts suggesting the price is good, bad or indifferent? Or suggesting to people that they could do better elsewhere? I bet that's a great hobby and keeps you occupied for hours on end ….

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
so you don't want to buy it?

- do you always post on peoples adverts suggesting the price is good, bad or indifferent? Or suggesting to people that they could do better elsewhere? I bet that's a great hobby and keeps you occupied for hours on end ….
Already selling on ebay so not effecting your sale - mine is 3 yrs old owes me nothing and if i was selling i'd put on ebay at £50 start but i'm not selling for about another year anyway - for a supposedly friendly help each other site you have taken the hump - if any consolation i would not touch an old bottle like that too old for me

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I didn't view your 'help' as helpful in anyway, but to show I haven't taken the hump, I wish to thank your for your interference. best wishes and enjoy your hobby.

I will look forward to your helpful contributions on all the other adverts offering items or motorhomes for sale …..

of course if you don't want to buy the item because you don't need one, then you may choose not to offer your observations as to its value ….

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
no such thing as bad publicity as they say....at least it keeps your advert top of the page (y)(y)

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
I didn't view your 'help' as helpful in anyway, but to show I haven't taken the hump, I wish to thank your for your interference. best wishes and enjoy your hobby.

I will look forward to your helpful contributions on all the other adverts offering items or motorhomes for sale …..

of course if you don't want to buy the item because you don't need one, then you may choose not to offer your observations as to its value ….
Certainly happy to apologise if you disagree with what i said but it is a helpful community you already had a buyer on ebay so i dont think i have done wrong - it is an old cylinder and valves wear - i'm just saying compared to a new cylinder at £150 delivered it is a lot of money.
And apologise again if you dont like what i've said

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... mine is 3 yrs old owes me nothing and if i was selling i'd put on ebay at £50 start but i'm not selling for about another year anyway
but if you truly believe you know what a fair price would be surely you'd do a 'buy it now' so as not to end up with an idiot overpaying?:rolleyes:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Certainly happy to apologise if you disagree with what i said but it is a helpful community you already had a buyer on ebay so i dont think i have done wrong - it is an old cylinder and valves wear - i'm just saying compared to a new cylinder at £150 delivered it is a lot of money.
And apologise again if you dont like what i've said
Not sure what it went for on Ebay as I haven't looked but £85 for 8 years 'use' left is a good price, the equivalent pro-rata cost of a 10 year bottle if you bought it new now and sold it in 2 years would be a lot more than that.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Ah... Isn't the internet wonderful?

Anyone can spout forth... even me!

It is so much more edgy on my football forum... none of this Rule 1 and we are all friends nonsense. :whistle:

A poster or two on this thread would have got some rather blunt replies. :rofl:

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back