Luton
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
Hi

I am looking at the following bottles-

<Broken link removed>

Does anyone know of any sites that shows what addition set up/ pipework I would need to complete the system/inatall. I have looked at the Gasit website but could find nothing. There are sites selling systems and I imagine they would come with install instructions, but I am tryong to find some that I could use/ consider. Looking at these bottles they seem to be slightly differnet to what is now sold.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have gaslow which I purchased from VanGas, I called the guy with my requirements and he was great while working it out and explaining everything to me.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
First thing if buying second hand check the date on the bottles as they have a 10 year life. The only ones you can get refurbished are Alugas and you have to go to the factory in Germany.

Fitting is straight forward, the inlet hose connects to one cylinder via a tee piece with a short hose to the 2nd cylinder. The other end of the filler hose connect to the filler point there are two types a small square one and a larger round unit. It is advisable to seal the threaded connections with a gas sealing compound, don't use PTFE tape.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
There’s not much kit there to be honest. Forget the Calor bottle it’s not part of it. The two Gasit bottles need pipe work to your regulator firstly. You then need a filler and more pipework from that to the bottles. If you buy it take a photograph of the Gasit bottles and send it to Gasit asking what kit you need, they are very helpful.

Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
they look like old bottles, i have gasit and my bottles don't look like those
i would have thought gasit would help if you give them a call

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi

I am looking at the following bottles-

<Broken link removed>

Does anyone know of any sites that shows what addition set up/ pipework I would need to complete the system/inatall. I have looked at the Gasit website but could find nothing. There are sites selling systems and I imagine they would come with install instructions, but I am tryong to find some that I could use/ consider. Looking at these bottles they seem to be slightly differnet to what is now sold.

One bottle has a standard set of 4 valves. A competent LPG rated gas fitter could fit that without instructions. However, it looks old and might not have much of its 10 year life left, if any. The blue looks like a standard non-refillable 21mm push fit butane. The other red one looks weird. I guess it is a two hole setup, with the pressure relief off the side of the outlet valve, no capacity gauge and the loose hose is the filler. Again no date code. TBH, I'd steer clear of the lot, especially at the price they're currently reaching.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The only ones you can get refurbished are Alugas and you have to go to the factory in Germany.
Not had it done but in my last van the Alugas where coming to their out of date stage, I called Alugas and they told me they could do the refurb at their place. They said I'd have to turn up with empty bottles and they would change valves and pressure test them, although cheaper than new bottles it wasn't by much.

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
we have the Gasit system with 2 x 11kg interconnected refillable bottles. as mentioned above, the ones in the picture look an older design and one of them clearly shows a date of 2007. Bearing in mind the 10 year recommended maximum life I would avoid them.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Not had it done but in my last van the Alugas where coming to their out of date stage, I called Alugas and they told me they could do the refurb at their place. They said I'd have to turn up with empty bottles and they would change valves and pressure test them, although cheaper than new bottles it wasn't by much.
A Funster had one done last year €74 a bit cheaper than £255 for an 11kg or £282 for a 14kg.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
A Funster had one done last year €74 a bit cheaper than £255 for an 11kg or £282 for a 14kg.
I think the Alugas bit quoted me around £150 per bottle if memory serves me correctly, they then went on to say I should change the pipes if they were same age so by the time it was all added up it wasn't far off £200.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I think the Alugas bit quoted me around £150 per bottle if memory serves me correctly, they then went on to say I should change the pipes if they were same age so by the time it was all added up it wasn't far off £200.
Found it.

OP
OP
SM0129
Jan 9, 2017
Luton
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
Thanks for everyones detailed feedback. I did my usual- bid first, then ask questions:giggle: I emailed the seller to ask them to cancel my bid as the bottles were out of date and they did so in a matter of minutes- I think I will stick to plan A and buy Safefill (I would have done so, but everyone was out of stock- there must have been a delivery today as everyone now has the 10KG in)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We had our alugas refurbished. 😁 Bob.

Screenshot_20210415-090813_Chrome~2.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back