Gas Pigtail 5years

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Pepper
Exp
Since 2019
Hi all, my van is coming up to 5years old and I understand I have to replace the gas pigtail, where is the best place to get one that is new and not left on the shelf for a couple of years, thereby reducing the 5years?
Sorry if this has been discussed before but could not find any mention of this timing.
Derek

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Not any specific source, but the date of manufacture is marked on the tube so you can tell how old it is.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
Hi all, my van is coming up to 5years old and I understand I have to replace the gas pigtail, where is the best place to get one that is new and not left on the shelf for a couple of years, thereby reducing the 5years?
Sorry if this has been discussed before but could not find any mention of this timing.
Derek
There is no specific expiration date on most gas hoses .
It’s mainly down to condition as a 1 year old hose exposed to the elements in a seaside location may well need replacement.
It’s now generally accepted that 10 years is the likely lifespan for a rubber hose and 20 years for stainless steel hoses,
Unfortunately the NCC approved guys told everyone incorrectly that it was a 5 year lifespan, they have had another bulletin late last year telling them 10 years .
But it’s all about condition.
Gas hoses can actually be sold as new up to 7 years old surprisingly.
F08BA82A-4EF7-4419-8BE7-4C6DA6C10948.png

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back