Gas in the EU (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2017
Ely, UK
Funster No
MH
About to buy again!
Exp
Several years
Hi, On my my previous van I had a Gaslow system which was great for abroad but was finding a bit more difficult to get filled up in the UK. My question is are the same type of bottle used throughout the EU and if so has any body toured with one UK bottle and one EU one. Just using the UK one on the odd time you may run out abroad.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes we live in Spain and have a Spanish bottle and a Gas it refillable bottle, travel all over Europe refilling with auto gas no problem, šŸ˜‰ once in France I don't think he was going to let me fill up, but he wouldn't come out the kiosk and I wouldn't go in, I just kept waiting pushing the button until he turned the pump On and cleared his garage forecourt. šŸ˜ Bob.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Your system / bottle needs to be refillable .I doubt that any EU garage will allow filling of a bottle that is not refillable unless you go to an unmanned garage. We never had any issues filling our gaslow system in France,Spain Portugal and Germany, and our fill point is inside the gas locker, but you do need to take adaptors.,although one garage I went to in Portugal had a whole range of adaptors available.
When we were pitched up in Spain for a few months we just connected a repsol bottle to our fill point using a gaslow connector hose.

Ps there are no "EU " bottles.They are all different for Spain ,France,Portugal and Germany,with a couple of variations in each country you could probably get the blue camping Gaz in most countries ,but it's an expensive way to do it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
You can get free issue gas bottles from any of the French supermarket chains. Exchange them all over the country. I used to carry a calor bottle as a spare. You will need a French gas valve as well. Or Safefill bottles could be cheaper.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back