Gas cylinders in Portugal or refillable installer. (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi All,
A friend on his first trip in his Motorhome has just emailed this to me:

Hi, just about to go into central Madrid. Sort of wild parking in a car park on the outskirts.

Re Portugal, would you know whether the gas is the same as Spain? Don't really want to buy another cylinder and adapter. The alternative is to try and find a dealer in Spain who could install the refillable system.
I know the Spanish cylinders but not the Portugese. Certainly a refillable system would be best for him for touring Europe. Any suggestions on where would be best Spain or Portugal and any suggestions of reputable installers.
Perhaps @JJ or other residents in Portugal may have some local knowledge.
Thanks for any help.
Steve

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
A repsol cylinder is exchangeable in portugal and spain. I was surprised but i bought 11kg propane repsol cylinder in portugal and had no trouble exchanging it in spain . I was unable to officially buy a repsol one in spain, no such problem in portugal
Sorry but cant help with sourcing refillable system in spain or portugal..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
The Repsol bottles are the same but a lot dearer in Portugal, around €24 I think, I always nip over the border and change them in Spain, €10.31 for 11k last October. I think bottled gas is subsidised in Spain

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks very much guys, the answer to a problem in under an hour. He should be impressed, hope he joins now ;-)
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back