Funsters - What’s in a name? (1 Viewer)

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I have suffered very bad with depression yes a man admitting it I have to come to terms with it diagnosed as clinically depressed was involved in a very serious industrial accident many years ago and just keep it bottled up till I cracked.
in September fun has been a life line to me it gives me a escape from my it un locks me many of my friends have walked away.
it's not there fault they don't understand but with out this forum I don't know where I would be now
all I can say is thank you Jim and the many real friends and virtual friends and enemies
thank you all
bill

Bill,

That's lovely and a great thing to hear, in my experience Funsters don't go out of their way to be friendly . . . . they are just naturally and genuinely that way, all different types, shapes and sizes, personalities of all sorts but all friendly ( and they can all buy me a pint when I see them hehehe !!!! )

Ken
:drink: :drink::drink:

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Yes, it really helps. I always give my occupation as *FUNSTER* to the magistrate. (y) It's a bit like being in the masons. Maybe we could have a secret sign, so we could recognise each other on meeting?? How about whipping your pants down, (when meeting other motorhoming couples), and shouting *FUNSTER* at the top of your voice? :)
Cheers Tootles just tried it just waiting for the Police now

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I prefer to think of myself as a Funsta, coz I is down wiv da kidz y'all hear what I'm sayin' motorhomieboys innit?

Now there's a thought - Funsta Rap. A re-mix of Gangsta's Paradise re-titled Funsta's Paradise - a viral YouTube video in the making if ever there was one.

Reactions: GJH

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
What I like about motorhome fun is the fact, not everyone has the time to be on the funsters site all the time. There's always something that comes up and demands your time. However, when you do manage to get the time, log in and join the fun, its like you've never been away and you immediately feel you are amongst friends. There is definately a core group of funsters that appear to hold this site together, much the same as a mother with her family. Always there to offer support and advice, contribute and start up another topic. For this I thank you.
One thing I have thought, the window Funster sticker is great when on site ( met Suggy last year in Cornwall that way) however, what about a dinner plate sized funster sticker front and back that can be seen on the Road. We may actually get a pip and a wave then as at the moment thats a bit miss, miss and miss. i for one wouldn't mind paying for a pair :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Whilst parked up together in groups here in Morocco, all with our MotorhomeFun name cards, and a flag at Taghazoute (R.I.P.), I've often noticed other nations walk past our little get-togethers, smiling and sometimes stopping. Brits usually just join in!
Funsters Rule OK - best thing we ever did was join.
But it's not very funny when you run out of beer in Morocco now is it Terry, however, I do believe supplies are on the way from Agadir courtesy of @Armytwowheels (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back