Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Right on Jim!
If it wasn't for Jim & MHFun, I wouldn't have gone to the Malvern meet 5 years ago where Stuart (Capn Pugwash) put his little ukulele in my hand. Through the ukulele club I then started, I met Barrie and the rest is history.

Life definitely a lot more FUN, FUN, FUN!

I bought me a uke just a few weeks ago - can't remember why!
Been strumming away and teaching one of our grand daughters too. It's small enough to take anywhere and it's FUN

Anotherfunster(y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I couldn't get away with a uke so gave it away. I bought a harmonica and Jill bought me some bongos but I've never really got away with them either as yet.

Is there a Funster Out Of Tune band? :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Stickers :) will it be possible to get stickers at the rally?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If it's a rally me and Siân are attending we always have stickers with us. That said we are out right now, I'm expecting some in next week. (y)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I couldn't get away with a uke so gave it away. I bought a harmonica and Jill bought me some bongos but I've never really got away with them either as yet.

No @GJH but there is, or rather was The Portsmouth Sinfonia, an orchestra founded by a group of students at the Portsmouth School of Art in 1970. The Sinfonia had an unusual entrance requirement, in that players had to either be non-musicians, or if a musician, play an instrument that was entirely new to them. The one rule was they shouldn't deliberately play a wrong note. You could try resurrecting the Funsters version. :LOL:

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011

As Eric Morecambe said " I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order" :LOL:

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
@Jim - read something on an old thread about Funster teddy bears. Do you still have them please, and if so, how do I pay for it?

image.jpg

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Whilst parked up together in groups here in Morocco, all with our MotorhomeFun name cards, and a flag at Taghazoute (R.I.P.), I've often noticed other nations walk past our little get-togethers, smiling and sometimes stopping. Brits usually just join in!
Funsters Rule OK - best thing we ever did was join.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We are three happy funsters and always will be :) :) :) thanks to all our FUNSTER family xxx
Yes, it really helps. I always give my occupation as *FUNSTER* to the magistrate. (y) It's a bit like being in the masons. Maybe we could have a secret sign, so we could recognise each other on meeting?? How about whipping your pants down, (when meeting other motorhoming couples), and shouting *FUNSTER* at the top of your voice? :)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I could volunteer as a vocalist in the choral section of the Out of Tunesters.

Contralto section, I can follow written music too !

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
walking around malven show with my boss and my two dogs we came across this gang of people having a good time who are you I said we are the funsters club o how do we join ask jim who is jim the good looking one over there hi are you jim yes can we be part of this club no problem you said good I said not looked back all the funster are great people get on help each other have fun have a beer have a beer have have a beer then say jims good looking lol swanseajack thanks jim and the funster club

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I don’t know who coined the name first. I think we might have been ‘Funsters’ for a few weeks and somehow this turned into 'Funsters' and stuck. I’m so happy it did. It’s now become a sort of rallying call for fun loving motorhomers Europe-wide. Now it seems anyone spotted having fun anywhere near a motorhome someone passing will be heard to say 'They must be Funsters' :)

One thing I see on other forums or hear at our Fun stand at shows are people who say “There’s no way I’d want to be called a Funster.” This makes me smile. The good thing is, and I don't want to appear to be mean, but this is always said by such miserable looking people that I’m happy that the name deters them ;)

So the term somehow defines us and does it's bit to keep the miserable away. Its a win-win for the Funsters and long may it remain. Sure, we get the odd miserable bugger through the door, but, on the whole, what a fantastic happy lot Funsters are. Thank you, one and all.

Jim ... There's one more step to be done! Get Google to know what Funster means!
When I type in English (computer set on English Language), I keep having Funster underlined in red!
What an achievement if we could get the word Funster recognised and accepted by Google!
The only thing to do is to enter Funster in English and see what it says in the other languages, then, find a good equivalent and send it to "correction" to Google!
I suggest to put for the French section: Joyeux drille! ...
>BTW Google says that Funster comes from the languge called "Yorouba"... ..:LOL:

What do you think?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Maybe we could have a secret sign, so we could recognise each other on meeting?? How about whipping your pants down, (when meeting other motorhoming couples), and shouting *FUNSTER* at the top of your voice? :)
Why? Do you get lonely doing it on your own? :LOL:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I tend to think of this site as the pub I do not go to and the people in it that I do not know, I know lots of names but not the people apart from Jaws and Jim and co. etc I also partake of wildcampers but they seem to be total anarchists, but so am I.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back