Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don’t know who coined the name first. I think we might have been ‘Funsters’ for a few weeks and somehow this turned into 'Funsters' and stuck. I’m so happy it did. It’s now become a sort of rallying call for fun loving motorhomers Europe-wide. Now it seems anyone spotted having fun anywhere near a motorhome someone passing will be heard to say 'They must be Funsters' :)

One thing I see on other forums or hear at our Fun stand at shows are people who say “There’s no way I’d want to be called a Funster.” This makes me smile. The good thing is, and I don't want to appear to be mean, but this is always said by such miserable looking people that I’m happy that the name deters them ;)

So the term somehow defines us and does it's bit to keep the miserable away. Its a win-win for the Funsters and long may it remain. Sure, we get the odd miserable bugger through the door, but, on the whole, what a fantastic happy lot Funsters are. Thank you, one and all.

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I agree. I've always considered myself positive and fun loving but it did take an illness to kick me into being even more so. Taking more holidays than ever, and not always in the van, and generally being grateful for the freedom and time to enjoy it. Whilst the Fun forum has it's darker moments at times I think that fun spirit continues to show after many years of maybe same old, same old threads. Long may it and us continue and to the miserable ones I say what my old boss told me many years ago "Gather ye rosebuds etc." He died six months later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I agree Jim - and I suggest the laminated name badges should add Eric and Sue's (Gloworm's) Warning - Miserable Motorhomers Not Welcome!!!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have suffered very bad with depression yes a man admitting it I have to come to terms with it diagnosed as clinically depressed was involved in a very serious industrial accident many years ago and just keep it bottled up till I cracked.
in September fun has been a life line to me it gives me a escape from my it un locks me many of my friends have walked away.
it's not there fault they don't understand but with out this forum I don't know where I would be now
all I can say is thank you Jim and the many real friends and virtual friends and enemies
thank you all
bill

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Best thing that ever happened to us becoming Funsters:) having joined other clubs in the past that had totally armour coated 'clicks' and in one particular case their total disregard for new members. Joining this club had been a breath of fresh air and long may it continue.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have suffered very bad with depression yes a man admitting it I have to come to terms with it diagnosed as clinically depressed was involved in a very serious industrial accident many years ago and just keep it bottled up till I cracked.
in September fun has been a life line to me it gives me a escape from my it un locks me many of my friends have walked away.
it's not there fault they don't understand but with out this forum I don't know where I would be now
all I can say is thank you Jim and the many real friends and virtual friends and enemies
thank you all
bill

Just for you Bill :lips::lips:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's great to be part of such a friendly bunch of people sharing our life experiences & not just in the virtual world on here but meeting & making real life friends too (y) We are happy & proud to be Funsters :)

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
I don’t know who coined the name first. I think we might have been ‘Funsters’ for a few weeks and somehow this turned into 'Funsters' and stuck. I’m so happy it did. It’s now become a sort of rallying call for fun loving motorhomers Europe-wide. Now it seems anyone spotted having fun anywhere near a motorhome someone passing will be heard to say 'They must be Funsters' :)

One thing I see on other forums or hear at our Fun stand at shows are people who say “There’s no way I’d want to be called a Funster.” This makes me smile. The good thing is and I don't want to appear to be mean but this is always said by such miserable looking people that I’m happy that the name deters them ;)

So the term somehow defines us and does it's bit to keep the miserable away. Its a win-win for the Funsters and long may it remain. Sure, we get the odd miserable bugger through the door, but, on the whole, what a fantastic happy lot Funsters are. Thank you, one and all.
Likewise Jim(y)Thanking you,may the forum keep shining .AlfandM

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Happy to be a "Funster" have met some good some not so good travelers / vacationers over the years and has been an education for the kids growing up .by far this is the best club we have ever joined.
Like others somtimes up at silly o'clock and read the forum mail have a giggle or post something stupid and life is good again .long may it reign ;)

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
for various reasons, my buddy and I are in a few clubs, caravan and camping club, motorhome club etc, but all we get from them is a monthly magazine filled with adverts, which I hardly ever read, but with funsters, I get to contact real people on a daily basis, and always choose the funster field when we have multiple choices at various events. And where else would you get so much sound information than this forum. funster forever!(y)

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Best thing that ever happened to us becoming Funsters:) having joined other clubs in the past that had totally armour coated 'clicks' and in one particular case their total disregard for new members. Joining this club had been a breath of fresh air and long may it continue.

Precisely.
This forum is great, usually lighthearted and ... Well.... FUN !!
Advice is always at hand and usually a search reveals the info we need.
SAE off to Jim for my sticker, don't mind being labelled a "Funster" !

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
F. Friends and Fun
U. Ukelele & Music
N. Never ending information

S. Sian and her lovely smile (and Jims Rock)
T. Tuggers and everyone welcome (apart from miserable old so and so's)
E. Events shelter and bacon Butties and lots of Fun
R. Rally's
S. Sound of friendly chatter on a rally field
(with some sunshine throw in)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
If it wasn't for Jim & MHFun, I wouldn't have gone to the Malvern meet 5 years ago where Stuart (Capn Pugwash) put his little ukulele in my hand. Through the ukulele club I then started, I met Barrie and the rest is history.

Life definitely a lot more FUN, FUN, FUN!
Joined Fun, went to Haggars Bring and Buy meet, wandered into Janine and Barrie's workshop, haven't stopped smiling since - thanks Jim(y)
image.jpg

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
We joined and have attended quite a few Rallies, which we enjoy a lot. Funster is a very appropriate name for us because we act like youngsters when meeting up again!!! On the Internet side, it has kept me guessing with quizzes and general chat through the winter months and given me something to keep my brain working. We've made some wonderful friends and really look forward to seeing them in 2015:):):)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We joined and have attended quite a few Rallies, which we enjoy a lot. Funster is a very appropriate name for us because we act like youngsters when meeting up again!!! On the Internet side, it has kept me guessing with quizzes and general chat through the winter months and given me something to keep my brain working. We've made some wonderful friends and really look forward to seeing them in 2015:):):)
we look forward to seeing you to bill lyn the weeman

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Sure, we get the odd miserable bugger through the door

Buttons, are you reading this? :wink:

If it wasn't for Jim & MHFun, I wouldn't have gone to the Malvern meet 5 years ago where Stuart (Capn Pugwash) put his little ukulele in my hand. Through the ukulele club I then started, I met Barrie and the rest is history.

I don't think Jim should take the blame for all that!:wink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back