Fulli Tag - First Time Use Nerves! (2 Viewers)

Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Hi, We've just taken delivery of a Fulli Nomade+ toll tag - to cover France / Spain / Portugal / Italy.

Now for the nerve-wracking bit - using it for the first time! France first, then Spain and Portugal on this trip.

Ref positioning of the tag, I've read that for motorhomes, the tag should be at the bottom of the windscreen rather than top centre, but I can't see this mentioned on the Fulli website. What do you find works best please?

And as for choosing the correct lane at the Toll Booths, is it any lane that displays the " t " sign please (except of course any lanes with height limiters!)?

Lastly, for Portugal, will we still need to register with Easy Toll on entry to Portugal, or will that double up on our toll charges?

Many thanks in advance! 😊

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Hi, We've just taken delivery of a Fulli Nomade+ toll tag - to cover France / Spain / Portugal / Italy.

Now for the nerve-wracking bit - using it for the first time! France first, then Spain and Portugal on this trip.

Ref positioning of the tag, I've read that for motorhomes, the tag should be at the bottom of the windscreen rather than top centre, but I can't see this mentioned on the Fulli website. What do you find works best please?

And as for choosing the correct lane at the Toll Booths, is it any lane that displays the " t " sign please (except of course any lanes with height limiters!)?

Lastly, for Portugal, will we still need to register with Easy Toll on entry to Portugal, or will that double up on our toll charges?

My understanding is that all the tags should be mounted in the 'shaded' area at the top of the windscreen in all vehicles unless your vehicle has an overhanging cab that would prevent direct line of communication between the reader and the tag.

Fulli tag.JPG

Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
Our Fulli has been great. We just come back from France, Spain and Portugal tour.
Yes, the shaded area does not have any layers that stop the signal. Ours is mounted behind the mirror in this area.
Aim for the 't' lanes but in practice most of the lanes have the rectangular transponder mounted up on a pole. You will see them as you go through. We also use the faster '30' lanes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
We have just used ours for the first time on a trip down thru France into Spain and Portugal. It worked faultlessly.
As we are under 3.5t, we made use of the 30 lane often. I am presuming your MLT 570 is over 3,5t so watch out for the sub 3.5t only lanes

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
My understanding is that all the tags should be mounted in the 'shaded' area at the top of the windscreen in all vehicles unless your vehicle has an overhanging cab that would prevent direct line of communication between the reader and the tag.

View attachment 868664
Hello JRT, thanks very much for your reply! Our motorhome does have a bit of an overhang above the windscreen - there's a photo of the motorhome in my profile, but hopefully not enough to stop the Tag communicating with the reader. Thanks again! 😊

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Our Fulli has been great. We just come back from France, Spain and Portugal tour.
Yes, the shaded area does not have any layers that stop the signal. Ours is mounted behind the mirror in this area.
Aim for the 't' lanes but in practice most of the lanes have the rectangular transponder mounted up on a pole. You will see them as you go through. We also use the faster '30' lanes.
Thanks Treblid, that's good to know! I'm not sure we'll be brave enough to try the '30' lanes to start with though! 😊

Can I just ask please, when you used your Fulli tag in Portugal, did you also register at the EasyToll kiosk as you entered the country please? I have read on another thread that someone did register with Easy Tolls as well, but I don't want to end up with double tolls - one from Fulli and another from EasyTolls.

Last year when we didn't have the tag, we registered with EasyTolls but still got fined for non-payment of a toll on one of the electronic gantries even though we were fully registered and had been charged correctly for the rest of our stay. We appealed but ended up paying, so we're hoping that the Fulli tag will help us avoid the fines! 🤞

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
The Fulli tag is only for up to Class 2 vehicles, so his will be 3.5t or less. ;)
I'm confused then....

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I'm 3.9t and use the Fulli tag.
I didn't register with easy tolls for Portugal, Fulli took care of it.
Only problem I had was automatic payment, Fulli said their request for payment had been declined, Revolut said they've not requested payment.
I never did get to the bottom of why, I just kept going round in circles.
You can't do a manual payment via the app, you have to do it via the website 😕

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
I'm confused then....

Thanks DandJ, you are quite correct we have uprated to 4t, but we always get charged as Classe 2 for toll charges. There are plenty of MF members who are apparently in the same situation as us and have opted for the Fulli tag - we'll be paying the same tolls as if we were paying by card at the toll booths.

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Hello JRT, thanks very much for your reply! Our motorhome does have a bit of an overhang above the windscreen - there's a photo of the motorhome in my profile, but hopefully not enough to stop the Tag communicating with the reader. Thanks again! 😊

Looking at your MH and the shaded area on the screen I would say it should clear fine, especially if you mount it low down in the shaded area (but not on the clear screen itself).

Somebody with similar may be able to confirm (or otherwise).

Screenshot_20240225-190326.png

Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
Can I just ask please, when you used your Fulli tag in Portugal, did you also register at the EasyToll kiosk as you entered the country please?
We didn't actually use the Fulli tag in Portugal. We generally go with no toll toads once we are at our destination.
Sorry. Can not help with that question.

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
We did use the fulli tag in Portugal, it certainly worked (beeped under each gantry) on the motorway along the Algarve from Seville to Lagos....we did nothing with it in Portugal with regard to registering it, having read the details on the Fulli site it made no mention of needing to do anything else...time will tell whether we should have. (I'll let you know when I get the bill thru)

Aug 3, 2021
Caterham-on-the-Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Pegaso - 740
They have a very easy to navigate website and a good customer area within it where you can see any toll charges that are pending payment. Make sure you've set up the account properly and there's no need to wonder whether a toll has been charged correctly or not.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
One word of warning.

Once you get used to the tag you will happily look for the “T” signs and, especially, the “30” signs when approaching Toll booths.

Don’t become blasé as these signs sometimes also have height barriers on them. Watch closely for the orange or yellow markers as you approach.

Guess how I came to notice this for myself?

Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
AS Winchcombe
Exp
Not so new now

Ours Fulli is mounted in the centre of the windscreen as photo. Has worked perfectly in France and Spain using “t” lanes. The height restricted ones are easy to see and avoid.IMG_2152.jpeg

Feb 16, 2024
Funster No
MH
Touring
Sorry to crash your thread. Just had a look at fulli web site and all looks good for what we need. France, then Italy, then Spain. So costs look like €10 delivery fee (to UK) plus €2.40 for Spain, €2.40 for Italy and €1.70 for France. Then it also says that you get charged €10 if you have not used it for 24 consecutive months. My question is, will that happen every 24 months forever. Are you never able to cancel the damn thing?

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
No need to register in Portugal. You will probably have to wait a while for the charges to show up on the app.
That's good to know. We have a Fulli tag and went on a toll road in Portugal on Friday and I was getting a bit worried that it's not showing on the app yet but I guess I just need to be patient, as it will take a bit longer for the Portuguese tolls to show.

May 17, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
14Yrs
We have used ours for 2 years in Portugal and as soon as it shows the invoice is paid. Both times it was about 3 to 4 weeks after using the tolls. It is quicker for Spain and France.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Also if for any reason the barrier does not open just get within touching distance of it as sometimes we have to do this but they always open , our tag is in the middle of the windscreen just above the wipers but we do have a A Class so it's slightly different, we are also 5t, tag axle and over 3m with the A/C on the roof and also tow a small car trailer.
Not had any issues through France and Spain since purchasing our's 16 months ago.

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
I'm 3.9t and use the Fulli tag.
I didn't register with easy tolls for Portugal, Fulli took care of it.
Only problem I had was automatic payment, Fulli said their request for payment had been declined, Revolut said they've not requested payment.
I never did get to the bottom of why, I just kept going round in circles.
You can't do a manual payment via the app, you have to do it via the website 😕
We had exactly the same issue.

Dec 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Fulli ugh! Been nothing but trouble! Got a tag but they insisted payment by direct debit, my bank refused point blank to pay as payment to foreign countries not allowed since leaving Europe! Sent tag back got fined for non payment!
Some of their site in English but all the communication in French. It’s been a difficult hostile experience.
Tried Toll Tickets they take payment via credit card works great every thing works as it should!

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
We had a sanef tag in our van with over cab and never found the radars detected it until we placed the tag on the dashboard in one of the two grooves that sit either side of the flip up panel in the centre.
Faultless every time

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
We went to Italy last year with our first time use of Fulli after moving from emovis
On way to Italy went via Belgium/germany etc so no use of the tag
Arrived in Italy and tag let us through in all but one area. The odd thing was nothing showed up on app which was a concern.
On return via France all trips popped up in app almost straight away.
When the formal bill arrives all Italy trips were listed
Bottom line. If it beeps and lets you though all good you will be eventually billed

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
A question please .... have those who previously had an Emovis Tag, been happy with the 'switch'? does it work out much more expensive?
i like the convenience of having a tag (currently emovis) and dont mind paying a little more for the convenience, even more so if its valid for any countries we intend visiting, Itally, France and Spain this year and potentially Portugal.

ive just looked and it states NO FEES during unused months - can anyone confirm that is the case please?

Unused months are free​

Only pay for the months when you use it. Only €1.70/month used when travelling in France. Only €2.40/month used in Spain and/or Portugal, and €2.40/month used in Italy.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021
Caterham-on-the-Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Pegaso - 740
Fulli ugh! Been nothing but trouble! Got a tag but they insisted payment by direct debit, my bank refused point blank to pay as payment to foreign countries not allowed since leaving Europe! Sent tag back got fined for non payment!
Some of their site in English but all the communication in French. It’s been a difficult hostile experience.
Tried Toll Tickets they take payment via credit card works great every thing works as it should!
We have a Revolut card for anything that we pay for overseas. There are loads of benefits and plenty of threads and posts about it on here but the fact that there are no charges for an overseas transaction is enough of a justification for having one.

Jan 2, 2022
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2019
That’s interesting information about direct debits 🧐
I’ve used Emovis for 3 years & pay direct debit, no problem at all 🤔

Reactions: Joc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back