Full time insurance Poll (MK.2) (1 Viewer)

I am fully insured, the insurance company are fully aware of my circumstances

• Yes

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Uncertain

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Dug this old post up for those new full timers who may not have read and voted..

looking at the present poll results doesn't surprise me...

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I class anyone who lives in their van as their home for 52 weeks a year as being fulltime. I don't see how you can live in it any more than that:ROFLMAO:

If you own a house or two and rent them out they are not your home they are investment properties.

Going by the letterbox rule I am not a fulltimer even though I don't own or rent a house. I do however rent a mailbox with a postcode and letterbox.

Do you live in your motorhome all the time? Then you are a fulltimer in my books.

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
its strange how you can legally live in a boat on the canal but not legally live in a motorhome on land.

well ok so in your canal boat you cant get anywhere fast, and i suppose if you had a crash with another one even head on you would get a combined impact speed of ohh about 10 mph.
but you can be well away from your registered mooring point or marina which i suppose is your postal address for months if not years.
but yet still need insurance / driving licences / etc.
so how do they do that is it

Mr J Bloggs
boat name
so and so marina
where ever
?????????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Comfort state that the address you give must be where you are on the electoral register, otherwise they consider you a fulltimer.

Policyholders must maintain a full UK residence, either through ownership or long term rental agreement (of at least 9 months) unless a full timing rate has been agreed and paid.

The address shown on the Schedule must be the one at which the policyholder is on the Electoral Roll, (unless a full timing rate has been agreed and paid) and also the one that appears on the driving licence and vehicle documentation.

The motor caravan must at all times have a valid MOT Certificate (unless not required due to age of the vehicle) and current UK road fund licence & tax disc.

Should a copy of a utility bill (as evidence of residence at the address) be requested at any time (inception, mid-term, renewal, in the event of a claim) then one must be provided.

As far as I am concerned, if you live in it 24/7 you are a fulltimer. Can't see that owning one or a hundred houses has anything to do with it, apart from bragging rights. :ROFLMAO:

Ian

MercManW123

Free Member
Jun 3, 2011
Essex England
Funster No
MH
Looking for a Merc Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Blimey - this seems to be a proverbial can of worms!

Sorry if I appear dense but just to clarify:

(i) If I was to go full time and DON'T subsequently have a bricks and mortar address, can I actually get insurance - bearing in mind I'd willingly pay the full-time premium to remain legal?

(ii) Where does your driving licence and log book get assigned to if you don't have an address and are full-timing?

(iii) Is there a service, such as a Mailbox address, that would suffice and be deemed acceptable? I know you cannot have a PO Box with Royal Mail unless you are resident at a postal address but there did used to be other companies offering a similar service. Do these still exist?

(iv) If not, there could be the potential for any part-timers on here to make a nice little earner if they were willing for full-timers to use their postal address!
:Cool:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

(i) If I was to go full time and DON'T subsequently have a bricks and mortar address, can I actually get insurance - bearing in mind I'd willingly pay the full-time premium to remain legal?

(ii) Where does your driving licence and log book get assigned to if you don't have an address and are full-timing?

(iii) Is there a service, such as a Mailbox address, that would suffice and be deemed acceptable?

(iv) If not, there could be the potential for any part-timers on here to make a nice little earner if they were willing for full-timers to use their postal address!

You must have a care of address for insurance, driving licence and log book..

There are mail box services which cost about £20 per month .. as far as I know they are ok for driving licence and log book address.. but you would need to check with your insurance company if they are happy with that..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

(iii) Is there a service, such as a Mailbox address, that would suffice and be deemed acceptable? I know you cannot have a PO Box with Royal Mail unless you are resident at a postal address but there did used to be other companies offering a similar service. Do these still exist?

Comfort Insurance do fulltiming insurance - they are fully aware of my circumstances and my policy states 'fulltimimg' on it.

I use a friend's address for the DVLA, etc.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time

(i) We are full timing with insurance by Comfort Insurance with Aviva. It is not cheap, but does provide cover if you do not have a UK residence. All they require is a contact address. There is no other company that offers this service at present.

(ii) We have all of our legal document registered at and other mail sent to our daughters address. DVLA, TV Licencing, Passports, Sky etc

(iii) Boaters have been using a service that offers a PO box address but they also offer a street address for things like DVLA Licences and vehicle documents. They offer a service where they will open your letters, scan and send then by email for you to view, They will also send replies on paper that you have emailed back to them.

Have a look at Motorhome 365 it is a forum for Full Timers, Past, Present and Future. http://www.motorhome365.com/forum/

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back