Fridge help please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Forester, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Forester

Forester

Ratings:
    +186
    Leaving Sunday for a couple of weeks Germany and France as normal something has to go wrong at the last minute. Used the van at w/e and fridge (Thetford) rean on gas but was smelly and the vent sooted up. I took the flame valve/tube out it was very clogged up with carbon and I am amazed it ran at all. Also looks as ik someone has tried to take the valve out and distorted the tube in the process. After cleaning out I tried to start the fridge, It fires up immeadiately but goes out as soon as I let the button go and the igniter can be hesrd sparking continually. I bought a new valve/tube today replaced the old one but exactly the same. Fridge runs perfectly on mains hook up. What do I do next?

2. eric 83

eric 83

Ratings:
    +46
    Sounds like the thermo coupler is not in the heat enough and not opening the gas valve

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Forester

Forester

Ratings:
    +186
    Thank you so much. I just took it apart again moved the thermocouple a little and lo and behold fridge works a treat on gas.
    Sir you are a star, thanks again:)

4. camocam1

camocam1

Ratings:
    +784
    Result that's what I like about this forum