Fridge electric puzzle (1 Viewer)

Jun 18, 2023
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
2009 Swift Bolero
Exp
On and off 25 year's
Hi Folks, my 2009 Thetford refrigerator only works on hook up 230 volts. I Have had the fridge out and note that the 12 volt side blows the fuse every time it is replaced and connected, also when I have disconnect the hook up I still get 12 volts registered on the meter when I have disconnected the red and white wires. Also c
1000008248.jpg
an anyone tell me what the purple, black and orange are for and where they originate from.
Thanks
Jobn

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
purple and black is live and earth which feeds the control circuits orange is your d plus which tells the fridge the engine is running red and white feed the 12 volt element i cant say where they come from without some idea of your set up your profile say you dont have a van
does the fuse blow when you switch the fridge on or when it switches to 12v when engine runs

OP
OP
J
Jun 18, 2023
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
2009 Swift Bolero
Exp
On and off 25 year's
Thanks for the replies I have decided that because of the age, 15 years, poor condition of the fridge, yellowing and cracking and the complexity of the system I will purchase a new one and pay to have it installed by a professional.
I have a 2009 Swift Bolero and I will update my profile.
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back