Frequent Traveller Eurotunnel Info Please (1 Viewer)

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Looking at possibly getting a frequent traveller to share with our son.
would anyone know the answer to this please
presume the price of a ticket doesn’t show until you have a wallet Set up to use ie do I see something different than I do now.
Also seeing that there isn’t many standard tickets on most of the August dates, is there a chance we will be really struggling to book one as we were going to wait till closer to the date required to get the frequent traveller tickets.
used the Chunnel every time but new to the frequent traveller
thanks

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You can set up an account with one other person, so joing with your son would be fine.
I cannot say about using it in August as we don’t travel in school holidays.
I have an account so could look at a date for you?

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
My understanding is that you pay £48 plus £12 for the tickets as long as it’s not peak time and if you want peak times it’s another £20 Or £30

or am I misunderstand your query?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I’ll have to take offer back as I am not able to login. I will have to chase them up tomorrow to check that they have extended my remaining tickets as promised in an email.

OP
OP
MotorhomersRus

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
15edward
Thanks i understand the principle Just not sure what I see and what happens once we have the wallet.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
My understanding is that you pay £48 plus £12 for the tickets as long as it’s not peak time and if you want peak times it’s another £20 Or £30

or am I misunderstand your query?

Sadly it has gone up to an extra £38 each way for a campervan instead of the £12 it used to be. So it is now £86 per crossing instead of £60 for a campervan.

Scroll to near the bottom of the important information bit. Not sure when this price increase happened, but I noticed last week when I was looking.

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
My understanding is there are only a limited number of
frequent traveller tickets available so if you fancy a peak time of year crossing, best book it ASAP 👍

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
Sadly it has gone up to an extra £38 each way for a campervan instead of the £12 it used to be. So it is now £86 per crossing instead of £60 for a campervan.

Scroll to near the bottom of the important information bit. Not sure when this price increase happened, but I noticed last week when I was looking.

normal frequent-traveller
Trailer/ Caravan - Additional £48 each way
Van/ Campervan/ Minibus - Additional £12 each way

Flexiplus frequent-traveller
UK Flexiplus Frequent Traveller vehicle supplements: Trailer/ Caravan - Additional £190 each way
Campervan/ Van - Additional £38 each way
hope that makes sense

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Stroppy bird it’s news to me that the prices gone up, where did you get this info from

Colyboy
Click on the link on my post. It’s near the bottom of the important info bit.

edited to add - That’s for the Flexiplus not normal one so may now reconsider it.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Stroppy Bird. Apologies yes the costs gone up but still £60each way is still very good value.i have just booked for end of August 16.30 crossings. OFF to see the TDF

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Stroppy Bird. Apologies yes the costs gone up but still £60each way is still very good value.i have just booked for end of August 16.30 crossings. OFF to see the TDF

Yes, now that I’ve found the right prices, it is still good value.

When I looked the other day I could only find the plus £38 add on so assumed they’d had a mega price rise, but it does clearly state Flexiplus on looking again, with the normal one being just £12 extra. Phew 😅

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We have used Frequent Traveller for years. We have just opened a new account and I’m finding the ‘wallet’ thing a bit confusing. Also Ia lot less availability. Maybe it because it was not possible to book a ferry crossing.

OP
OP
MotorhomersRus

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
We have used Frequent Traveller for years. We have just opened a new account and I’m finding the ‘wallet’ thing a bit confusing. Also Ia lot less availability. Maybe it because it was not possible to book a ferry crossing.

Thanks
That is what I was wondering. As there’s not a lot of standard crossings now !
Hope your both well !

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi. I think there are a lot less crossings as they have reduced the number of trains crossing. Hopefully they will increase crossings and availability will increase. We booked for 8th July a few weeks ago and checked availability recently and hardly any spaces left. I think this is due to increased bookings.

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Ive just taken out a wallet with another member on here its cost me £78 each way for the upcoming trip. We travel off peak so 48 ticket price 12 supplement for camper and 18 for the dog. Definetly seemed limited availability peak summer travel time. Would normally go outwith school holidays so shouldnt be much of a problem for us, but desperate to get away this summer so bit the bullet and going in 3 weeks time.
Does save us a good bit on tickets as long as you use then all.

Last edited:
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I think they are slowly releasing availability as they start to add more trains back on we made a change earlier in the week for the end of August which is end of School Holidays and those dates have been full since lockdown. £60 each way is the cheapest for a Motorhome off-peak still good value compared to booking single trips during the high season. There is a supplement of £20 or £30 for certain crossings depending on the time of day and whether those dates are marked down as high peak and generally the start of each School holiday.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
It works like this. You pay £440 up front and that gives you the right to 10 crossings. You still have to book those crossings though, you can't just turn up and get them. If they have space and you are in a car travelling what they call off-peak hours in the day you do not pay anymore. If you travel during peak hours you will have to pay a £20 surcharge when you book. If you have a motorhome you have to pay a £12 surcharge when you book.

They do block out some days altogether, usually for busy weekends during school holiday but most of August will be OK. You can find a link to a list of those on the page that gives you all the details of the scheme. And they only reserve so many places on busy times so you do need to book early for those times

Oops looks like it has gone up to £480 up front.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I can see why you want to start the account as near as possible to the first crossing but at the moment it might be better to open the account sooner so that there a better chance of getting a crossing that suits with a better chance of avoiding the supplement. Who knows!

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
It works like this. You pay £440 up front and that gives you the right to 10 crossings. You still have to book those crossings though, you can't just turn up and get them. If they have space and you are in a car travelling what they call off-peak hours in the day you do not pay anymore. If you travel during peak hours you will have to pay a £20 surcharge when you book. If you have a motorhome you have to pay a £12 surcharge when you book.
I am also trying to work out whether its worth buying a frequent traveller ticket. If I do, once I book a crossing is that slot flexible if I need to change the date or time of it?
tia

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I am also trying to work out whether its worth buying a frequent traveller ticket. If I do, once I book a crossing is that slot flexible if I need to change the date or time of it?
tia
Yes you can change booking ,up to 24 hours before due date I think.

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
There doesn’t seem to be as much frequent traveller availability left for July /August so it may be worth asking before purchasing if you want to travel at this time. Normally there would be a reasonable amount.

I’m not sure if the tunnel have reduced capacity for FT accounts due to the demand for normal tickets.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
General info which I believe is still correct:
  • You have to buy a wallet with a minimum of 10 crossings, you can buy more if you wish but they have to all be used within 12 months of the wallet start date.

• They cost £480 for 10 crossing, plus a £12 supplement each way for a MH/camper as it needs to go in the single storey train, not the car one.

• You can have a travel partner so you can share the crossings but either you or the partner MUST be one of the people using the ticket(s).

• You can amend the tickets on-line up to 2 hours before your booked crossing time and unless you change from an Off Peak time to a Standard Peak or High Peak time there is normally no extra charge.

• If you arrive more than 2 hours before your booked crossing you may have to pay an extra surcharge to go on an earlier crossing, or just wait until your booked time - sometimes if they're not busy they 'might' let you do this without a charge though but don't bank on it.

• The table below shows the Off Peak, Standard Peak (£20 supplement) and High Peak (£30 supplement) times - check the website for the up to date one though as this is one that I copied last year.
1593773295267.png

OP
OP
MotorhomersRus

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
On the Eurotunnel website - new applications for the Frequent traveller scheme are suspended for the summer due to unprecendented demand. Does not affect existing Frequent Traveller holders

Can’t belief that........could only happen to me !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back