French Speed Limits if over 3.5t (1 Viewer)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
As an online community we help each other and helping each other not to get inadvertently caught would appear to be one of the core functions of this site.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
If I break the law then I will take my punishment, however, if someone flashes me they have done a public duty by making me adhere to the speed limit, which I may ? have broken. Therefore when we flash each other we are helping with road safety by making us go slower.
My Sat nag dings if I go over the limit, is that any different to any other warning?
Should I switch it to silent and allow myself to possibly speed ?

Reactions: Nik

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
If those enforcing the law abided by that then all would be equal. They don't .
ooh err ... really ..

the "inadverntently caught" I really struggle with, no-one intentionally gets caught, do they??

Comments such as "are you saying" are you suggesting" "should I then" imply that some are taking my comments personally, I debate the subject, never the person, at least I try.

I also try very hard to only post things I can substantiate with links where suitable, hear say and unsubstantiated comments only serve to inflame.

Last edited:

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
inadverntently caught"
This might help.
I was 'inadvertently caught'. I was riding my bike through Canterbury. I was keeping to the speed limit. I had NO intention of going over the limit but for a short period I did and got caught on camera. So I would argue that I was inadvertently caught as I had no intention to speed and get caught but did!
Discuss.

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
I was 'inadvertently caught'. I was riding my bike through Canterbury. I was keeping to the speed limit. I had NO intention of going over the limit but for a short period I did and got caught on camera. So I would argue that I was inadvertently caught as I had no intention to speed and get caught but did!

I would argue that you might have "inadvertently" exceeded the speed limit, however as you knew that exceeding the speed limit risked having your photo taken, that was a deliberate risk taken :)

Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
that was a delibirate risk taken :)
If I had deliberately formed the intention in my mind to exceed the speed limit then fair enough because as you say I am aware of the consequences of doing so. I hadn't formed that intention and accidentally exceeded the limit for a short period of time and got caught because of my inadvertent actions not intention of mind.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
@Nik would accidentally exceeded the speed limit imply that you were not paying attention to your driving. If you know the limit and exceed it I accept that may not be intentional but one is still responsible. That said, the definition of inadvertent is "not resulting from or achieved through deliberate planning." so, therefore probably is "inadvertent"

mi 'ed 'urts

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back