French & spanish border crossing (1 Viewer)

Jan 12, 2020
leyland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Has anyone crossed over the border since france opened up its border? If so were you stopped or just straight through when going to spain? Heading that way sat/sun and wondering what to expect since france re-opened.
ta
John

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
I'm slightly confused by your question insofar as I thought France has not fully opened its border to UK citizens - only specific classes of traveller are allowed and 'tourists' is not one one. I'm unclear therefore how you might get to Spain in the first place. When my wife entered through Dover she had to show credentials, which in her case was a French residency permit.

If you're simply asking about the France/Spain border I'm afraid I can't advise although I expect you would face the same issue trying to re-enter France from Spain if driving a vehicle with UK refistration plates.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'm slightly confused by your question insofar as I thought France has not fully opened its border to UK citizens - only specific classes of traveller are allowed and 'tourists' is not one one. I'm unclear therefore how you might get to Spain in the first place. When my wife entered through Dover she had to show credentials, which in her case was a French residency permit.

If you're simply asking about the France/Spain border I'm afraid I can't advise although I expect you would face the same issue trying to re-enter France from Spain if driving a vehicle with UK refistration plates.

Just to point out that we do have Funsters who live and work in France.
Perhaps the OP was merely asking a question.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

French border opened to uk tourists on Tuesday.

Metamorfosis

Free Member
Oct 13, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 680g
I don't suppose you could tell if there was stops or checks in the other direction? I am planning to go into France from Spain in the next week or so.

piethief

Free Member
Jun 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
But don’t the FO advise against it?
No FCO does not advise against travelling to France or Spain.

The Dept of Health currently has both countries on Amber which currently means if you chose to travel you would have to self isolate at home for 10 days upon return and pay for day 2 and day 8 tests amoungst other things.

I've driven over the French-Spanish borders several times and it is, normally, just open. However i've not done so during the pandemic, what i am wondering is whether you need a Spanish Health Control Form and how to get one as it is designed for Flight passengers only. I've emailed them to find out.

piethief

Free Member
Jun 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Sorry to correct myself so quickly but i can't see an edit button. Actually double checked and the FCDO office does indeed advise against all Spain until tomorrow when the Balearic islands are removed.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain

piethief

Free Member
Jun 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
FCDO has just updated their article addressing my question. From my reading:
- You don't need a Health Control Form if you are driving from France and you are vaccinated and can prove it
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements#vaccination
Most of Spain remains on Amber though so no insurance for most people i guess.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We crossed via the Vielha tunnel from Spain in a Spanish registered motorhome, diverted into the old border check point they just waved us through, on the Spanish side of the road they had a barrier and guardia Civil was checking all vehicles. 😁
On the Spanish side 31.3°c on the French side it was 20°c 😁😎 Bob.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We crossed via the Vielha tunnel from Spain in a Spanish registered motorhome, diverted into the old border check point they just waved us through, on the Spanish side of the road they had a barrier and guardia Civil was checking all vehicles. 😁
On the Spanish side 31.3°c on the French side it was 20°c 😁😎 Bob.
so only checks on the side to enter Spain Bob?

piethief

Free Member
Jun 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
I don't agree. We have green card issued in the last 2 months with full disclosure of where we are going and recently issued travel insurance
I was thinking of general (human) travel insurance, i hadn't realised the green card thing had become mandatory so you've done me a real favour there. I've just called my car insurer and got that sorted too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back